wegmans
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51

Thread: wegmans

  1. #1
    Major BUCKrub91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New park, pa
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,471

    Default wegmans

    so I went into wegmans last night with my father to get some craft beer... I spent quite a bit of time making my own 6 pack and then we headed to the register...

    When I showed the kid behind the counter my ID he asked me to give him something else from the dmv (I forget what he asked for) when I asked him what he was talking about he said "your liscense says under 21 on it Store policy says I can not accept this" Ive never had this problem before and politely pointed out my DOB on the license and the fact that it is not yet expired.. He still refused to sell it to me.. So my dad says "can I just buy it for him?" the kid behind the counter says "are you his father" my dad said yes so the kid said he could.... I handed my dad the money for the beer and he then handed it to the kid behind the counter...


    What kind of ridiculous policy is this? I couldn't buy it because my license says under 21 on it when the DOB is proof that I am over 21...

    but my father could buy the beer FOR ME? I decided to go on this little rant because I drank that hole 6 pack last nite and am thinking about going to make another one tonite but not wanting to go through the hassle again I may just go to the gas station and get a 6 pack of sierra nevada pale ale...
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

  2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
  3. #2
    Major BUCKrub91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New park, pa
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    BTW Thats the first time ive bought beer from wegmans.. ill be turning 22 next month and after buying lots of alcohol over the past year this is the first time ive ever had this issue...
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

  4. #3
    General RayKnobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    City of Rochester
    Posts
    9,137

    Default

    How did your license not expire on your 21st birthday?

    I think you lucked out that he would even sell it to your dad. They have strict store policies

  5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Colonel av8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    broome
    Posts
    3,934

    Default

    1st world problems... LOL

    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject"

  7. #5
    Postmaster General Darthgamer138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mo. Co.
    Posts
    23,073

    Default

    I've heard of that before. It's just absolute pussification of responsibility in business. "I can see that you are over 21, but it says under, so you are not good to go." It's like going to a public safety day at the police station, getting one of those "I am a cop" stickers, wearing it and having people come to you to solve domestic disputes.
    Proud NRA ​LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

    ​SEI Divemaster Apprentice/Nitrox Diver. Dives- ​I57. Proud Atheist.



  8. #6
    Major BUCKrub91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New park, pa
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RayKnobs View Post
    How did your license not expire on your 21st birthday?

    I think you lucked out that he would even sell it to your dad. They have strict store policies

    I got this liscense just before i turned 21.. it expires on 1-31-16
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

  9. #7
    I kill deer... and I like it Ragnar Danneskjold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Posts
    1,336

    Default

    I saw the title and got mad that it could be some anti-gun stance taken by Wegmans. I like that place too much to stop shopping there. Glad to see I can still shop there and check out all the "talent."
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

  10. #8
    General DystruktoBoi1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fayetteville NC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,413

    Default

    Huh, that is still weird, I was required to renew on my birthday when I turned 21 or my license would have expired
    Rifle Wants: CETME, SBR AK in 7.62, Daewoo DR200

    Pistol wants: XDM, Used Beretta M9/92FS for carry, S&W 5904/5/6 variant, Browning High Power





  11. #9
    Private
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oneida County
    Posts
    25

    Default

    I would call the DMV and have them issue you a new ID on there dime that removes the under21 on it.

  12. #10
    Major BUCKrub91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New park, pa
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    ok is their some kind of new ****ed up law in this state that I havent heared of yet? I went into the gas station that I buy beer at atleast 3 times a week without a problem.. put a 6 pack of beer on the counter and said i also need 2 cans of copenhagen wintergreen.. the kid took my id looked at it and said I cant accept this.. I said are you ****ing kidding me i buy beer and tobacco here all the time and have never had a problem.. he said it says under 21 I cant accept it.. I said ok whatever forget the beer ill just buy 2 cans of copenhagen wintergreen.. he said I cant sell you that either.. then I went off and walked out of the store... no where on my license does it say under 18
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

  13. #11
    Major Catfish787's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NY STATE
    Posts
    2,029

    Default

    Welp.... like others said, you should have got a new license on your birthday that did not state you were under 21.

    Go out and get it at the DMV and just fix this problem, then all your troubles will go away.

    Also, if that kid at Wegmans allowed your father to buy the beer, believing that you were under 21, he was in the wrong and could get in some serious trouble for that.

    Side note:

    Does anyone else notice that Wegman's only sells stale bread?

  14. #12
    Postmaster General Darthgamer138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mo. Co.
    Posts
    23,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish787 View Post

    Also, if that kid at Wegmans allowed your father to buy the beer, believing that you were under 21, he was in the wrong and could get in some serious trouble for that.
    Not at all. Misreading of the "straw purchase" laws. In order for it to be one you must believe it is going to an unqualified person. Having a person in you party unqualified is not a straw purchase even though this law is often messed up at such stores.

    Also, you got screwed with the DMV. I almost did too. If you renew just before you turn 21 and don't tell them to send it after your 21st birthday you will have another license sent to you with "Under 21" on it, and have to pay AGAIN to get it removed. I almost made that mistake.

    In the end, that "under 21" crap on licenses is one of the dumbest laws on the books for the DMV. Takes away responsibility and causes confusion and unjust denials.
    Proud NRA ​LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

    ​SEI Divemaster Apprentice/Nitrox Diver. Dives- ​I57. Proud Atheist.



  15. #13
    General DystruktoBoi1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Fayetteville NC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKrub91 View Post
    ok is their some kind of new ****ed up law in this state that I havent heared of yet? I went into the gas station that I buy beer at atleast 3 times a week without a problem.. put a 6 pack of beer on the counter and said i also need 2 cans of copenhagen wintergreen.. the kid took my id looked at it and said I cant accept this.. I said are you ****ing kidding me i buy beer and tobacco here all the time and have never had a problem.. he said it says under 21 I cant accept it.. I said ok whatever forget the beer ill just buy 2 cans of copenhagen wintergreen.. he said I cant sell you that either.. then I went off and walked out of the store... no where on my license does it say under 18

    He must have been under the impression that you ID was fake at that point. Next time call his manager and make his life ****ty if it makes you that angry, then it shouldn't happen again.
    Rifle Wants: CETME, SBR AK in 7.62, Daewoo DR200

    Pistol wants: XDM, Used Beretta M9/92FS for carry, S&W 5904/5/6 variant, Browning High Power





  16. #14
    Major BUCKrub91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New park, pa
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DystruktoBoi1 View Post
    He must have been under the impression that you ID was fake at that point. Next time call his manager and make his life ****ty if it makes you that angry, then it shouldn't happen again.
    I used to work at that gas station and next time I go in their and see the manager is in ill be having a talk with her about it...


    Also, if that kid at Wegmans allowed your father to buy the beer, believing that you were under 21, he was in the wrong and could get in some serious trouble for that.
    He knew I was over 21 its just store policy apparently
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

  17. #15
    Major BUCKrub91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New park, pa
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    also @ the thinking its a fake id comment all he would have had to do is scan it in the computer... it will tell you if the id is fake or not
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

  18. #16
    Postmaster General Darthgamer138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mo. Co.
    Posts
    23,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKrub91 View Post
    also @ the thinking its a fake id comment all he would have had to do is scan it in the computer... it will tell you if the id is fake or not
    You can scan fake IDs.

    I oppose all scanning as well though.
    Proud NRA ​LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

    ​SEI Divemaster Apprentice/Nitrox Diver. Dives- ​I57. Proud Atheist.



  19. #17
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nigeria
    Posts
    110

    Default

    the dmv is supposed to automatically send you a new license with out that when you turn 21

  20. #18
    Major BUCKrub91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New park, pa
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthgamer138 View Post
    You can scan fake IDs.

    I oppose all scanning as well though.

    when I worked their we were trained to scan them all especially if we have a suspicion they may be fake
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

  21. #19
    Postmaster General Darthgamer138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mo. Co.
    Posts
    23,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKrub91 View Post
    when I worked their we were trained to scan them all especially if we have a suspicion they may be fake
    Simply a waste of time. If you can fake the front you can fake the barcode on the back.
    Proud NRA ​LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

    ​SEI Divemaster Apprentice/Nitrox Diver. Dives- ​I57. Proud Atheist.



  22. #20
    Colonel THE RAVEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chemung
    Posts
    2,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKrub91 View Post
    BTW Thats the first time ive bought beer from wegmans.. ill be turning 22 next month and after buying lots of alcohol over the past year this is the first time ive ever had this issue...
    I have worked for Wegmans for 14 years.....Your cashier followed our company policy......She maybe have gotten fired otherwise,I have seen it happen.


    "There's a time to live,a time to die,a time to meet your maker...But isn't it strange as soon as your born,your dying" Bruce Dickinson ~IM~

  23. #21
    Colonel guygus3516's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    3,441

    Default

    just get a new one and bitch that you shouldn't have to pay extra for it

  24. #22
    Major BUCKrub91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New park, pa
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE RAVEN View Post
    I have worked for Wegmans for 14 years.....Your cashier followed our company policy......She maybe have gotten fired otherwise,I have seen it happen.

    It was a he lol but he was actually really nice about it and kept apologizing unlike the prick at the gas station today..
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

  25. #23
    Colonel THE RAVEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chemung
    Posts
    2,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKrub91 View Post
    It was a he lol but he was actually really nice about it and kept apologizing unlike the prick at the gas station today..
    Good deal....We strive for perfection......


    "There's a time to live,a time to die,a time to meet your maker...But isn't it strange as soon as your born,your dying" Bruce Dickinson ~IM~

  26. #24
    Postmaster General Darthgamer138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mo. Co.
    Posts
    23,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guygus3516 View Post
    just get a new one and bitch that you shouldn't have to pay extra for it
    Complaining to the DMV is like getting Diane Feinstein to legalize Class III weapons across the board.
    Proud NRA ​LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

    ​SEI Divemaster Apprentice/Nitrox Diver. Dives- ​I57. Proud Atheist.



  27. #25
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Clifton Springs, NY/ RIT
    Posts
    478

    Default

    Just Wegman's way of ensuring they don't have any problems with accidentally selling to minors.

    Try buying beer from Wegmans with a South Dakota license, they always had to call the manager over, lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 02:27 PM
  2. Wegmans on Caulkins rd (what would you do?)
    By Coreguy in forum General Firearms
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 09:14 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 11:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •