Al Sharpton and voter ID
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    General

Default Al Sharpton and voter ID

I have no idea why I turned this moron on today, but I did and decided to watch an entire show of his. I feel very sick as well as a bit less intelligent. My fault I guess, I could change the station.

So anyway, the big subject with this coke head today was voter ID. Again.

Why is having an ID to vote so racist and un-American, but gun owners needing a Pistol Permit is okay? How is one so bad and the other so needed?

I think I may punish myself a bit more and and watch the idiot Chris Mathews!

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

All we have to do is put pictures on welfare/ebt cards. Voila! Everyone who doesn't already have an ID would have one.

As for Al, snitches get stitches. I hope there is someone left that the fat-headed rat snitched on who is still holding a grudge.

Had that argument with my sister the other day. She said "People in the inner city don't have licenses", my reply was "they buy plenty of beer, so they've got some kind of ID". She didn't have a reply, she just repeated that requiring an ID to vote would discriminate against them.
    We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
    Albert Einstein

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by goperfect View Post
    ......Why is having an ID to vote so racist and un-American, .....
    Of all the forums on the internet.... I would not expect this site to have people who support "having papers" "issued by the man" that allow "exercising a Constitutionally protected right".

Voter ID is a bad idea. For many of the same reasons gun registration is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorker View Post
    Of all the forums on the internet.... I would not expect this site to have people who support "having papers" "issued by the man" that allow "exercising a Constitutionally protected right".

I generally agree with you about the "papers" thing, but people must be identified before allowing them to vote.
    Interestingly enough, according to the constitution the right to bear arms is more fundamental than the right to vote. The 2A has always been understood to apply to all free persons, the right to vote only applied to male landowners.
    We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
    Albert Einstein

Yes, that nasty requirement to show picture ID would hinder some liberals from voting for their favorite candidate 6 times. That would be un-American.

General

Kinda curious, where did I say Voter ID was a good thing or that I support it?

Maybe they could send out voting tokens to registered voters to be redeemed at the polls when you vote. I would accept that as an alternative to presenting ID. As long as there is some mechanism to ensure that only authorized people vote (i.e. excludes illegals) and that they only vote once.

I have to sign in to vote, so since I am already actually signing my name next to it's printed counterpart it's not like it's an objection to being identified.
    Albert Einstein

Let's stop the nonsense right now.

Voter ID is needed. When you have dead people, illegals, and anonymous college kids voting thousands of times under the same name and birthdate, there is no other recourse.

Don't confuse "papers" with a solution to preventing the libtards from owning the country because they cheated. Don't be an enabler.
    Whenever I hear the word racist anymore the only thing that comes to mind is that it is a Democrat someone disagreed with attempting to insult them.

Sharpton gives me gas. He is a self serving, race baiting, bloviating ignoramus. Just thinking about him made my IQ drop.
    "...man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts." -R.Reagan

Deo Vindice.

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by SPIKER View Post

Voter ID is needed. When you have dead people, illegals, and anonymous college kids voting thousands of times under the same name and birthdate, there is no other recourse.

Don't confuse "papers" with a solution to preventing the libtards from owning the country because they cheated. Don't be an enabler.
    Hmm, let's change that a bit:

Gun control is needed. When you have felons, illegals, and college kids shooting thousands, there is no other recourse.

Don't confuse "responsible gun control" with confiscating everybody's guns.

Don't be an enabler. Also, you don't need 10 bullets to kill a deer.
    The idea of rampant voter fraud at the polls is Fox bull****, and the latest distraction to keep from worrying about the real issues (I'd like to meet all these people who are able to vote thousands of times... they must travel like Santa Claus!). Shouldn't we worry about enforcing the laws we have instead of making new ones? How much voter fraud (at the polls, which is what we're talking about here) was prosecuted under Bush? If the answer isn't "a whole lot" then I have to wonder where these assumptions are coming from.

The voter ID stuff is a neat little solution to a problem that is barely existent. If you're worried about the state of our democracy people voting is not the problem. Money is the problem.

Incidentally, I know plenty of older folks who have no license because they live in the city and they get alcohol just fine. Most are white, but that's because of where I've lived.

We could just call it "Common Sense Voting Reform." No arguing with that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by epthorn View Post

The idea of rampant voter fraud at the polls is Fox bull****, and the latest distraction to keep from worrying about the real issues (I'd like to meet all these people who are able to vote thousands of times... they must travel like Santa Claus!). Shouldn't we worry about enforcing the laws we have instead of making new ones? How much voter fraud (at the polls, which is what we're talking about here) was prosecuted under Bush? If the answer isn't "a whole lot" then I have to wonder where these assumptions are coming from.

The voter ID stuff is a neat little solution to a problem that is barely existent. If you're worried about the state of our democracy people voting is not the problem. Money is the problem.

Incidentally, I know plenty of older folks who have no license because they live in the city and they get alcohol just fine. Most are white, but that's because of where I've lived.
    So, your argument is that voter fraud by the left is fictitious?

And, you compare the requirement of ID for voting to gun control?

You ever get that feeling when you walk into a room that you don't belong there?
    Whenever I hear the word racist anymore the only thing that comes to mind is that it is a Democrat someone disagreed with attempting to insult them.

Quote Originally Posted by epthorn View Post

Right. There's no voter fraud. Move along...nothing to see here.

New claim: Bloomingburg voter fraud | recordonline.com

Voter fraud found in Kiryas Joel mayoral election | recordonline.com

Monroe vote tallies illuminate sharp divide

These are just some local examples.

And, you compare the requirement of ID for voting to gun control?

I'm not entirely sure why you don't see it as the same thing.
    Knives, guitars, drums, beer and guns. You know, freedom.

if voter id is required, how can the democrats get multiple votes like Obama did? cmon guys, they need all the xtra votes they can get!

Quote Originally Posted by ratula View Post
    if voter id is required, how can the democrats get multiple votes like Obama did? cmon guys, they need all the xtra votes they can get!
    If we require UBRCs then how can shooters get guns? Common guys we need to help stop them from getting guns!

If 30 round magazines are required, how can shooters limit their firepower when they shoot up schools! Common extremists this is common sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    I'm not entirely sure why you don't see it as the same thing.
    Because I have a brain.

Look at it like this:

No ID required to vote means that people can illegally vote to deprive you of your rights to defend yourself. That's a bad thing.

No ID to possess a firearm means that you can defend yourself. That's a good thing.

So...I'll let you choose...Good thing...or bad thing?
    Last edited by SPIKER; 04-15-2014 at 01:53 PM.

I dont have a link to it, but going back 10 years, Radio personalities Opie @ Anthony, btw Anthony is a huge 2nd amendment guy etc from the island of Long. They had a song called ''Reverand Al'', It was great if anybody wants to look it up,probably on youtube..

Because I have a brain.

Look at it like this:

No ID required to vote means that people can illegally vote to deprive you of your rights to defend yourself. That's a bad thing.

No ID to possess a firearm means that you can defend yourself. That's a good thing.

So...I'll let you choose...Good thing...or bad thing?
    Bad thing.

So now we have to pay to vote. Sorry can't get behind that logic.

It's bull. If you don't need I'd why do you register to vote? Has anyone purchased a unregistered firearm from an ffl? I have and guess what? I got asked for id. Put a car on the road... Id show Id to buy cigs, beer, and hobby knives at walmart. Come to think of it I can't think I can buy anything at Walmart that I can buy with out id. Poor city dwellers are being denied knives, paint, meds, and r rated movies. Arguing that I'd shouldn't be required to exercise such an important right with such an important outcome is idiotic. If city dwellers have the ambition to register to vote then they can get a non driver id. Al Sharpton and the other lunatics on this train of thought actually are saying the people that support them are that helpless and ignorant? They shouldn't be so insulting to the people that support them.

I'll got back to my original thought. If everyone has to pay for UBRCs then school shootings will decrease right? So if everyone has to pay for an id to vote no voter fraud will occur right?

Maybe Im wrong but doesnt one need to "have their papers" to buy a firearm? Comparing it to gun registration would be more like they were requriring to show id to vote and then making you register who you voted for with the state.

Who said pay to vote? I would rather see indigent ids passed out on my dime to people registering to vote then the money wasted in a million other ways pay the feds.

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    Bad thing.

So now we have to pay to vote. Sorry can't get behind that logic.
    Lol..by choosing bad thing you agreed with me that Voter ID is necessary. Thank You.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast