Fulton County Sheriff declares war! Thow pistol permit renewals in the trash
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fulton County Sheriff declares war! Thow pistol permit renewals in the trash

THIS IS GREAT!!! FUAC is ordering extra panties to replace the ones he is going to wet.

New York Sheriff On Handgun Renewal Permits, "Throw Them In The Garbage Because That Is Where They Belong.” | The Daily Caller
    Mike

NRA Patron Member, SAF Member

"When Injustice becomes Law, Resistance becomes Duty" - Thomas Jefferson

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

If this attitude was promoted by a majority of county sheriffs, and people listen, it may have a positive effect. Many on the form have said, why don't we do something that matters, we need to have peaceful marches with guns in hand, we need to have more rallies, etc.. well, here is an opportunity to unite and REALLY speak out to make a change... The advantage in this case is we get to see the outcome of 3 trial counties potential resistance before taking action...
    There are 3 kinds of people in this world: Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder, what just happened. Unfortunately the third category is out-distancing the other 2 by a large margin.

If true, his actions, hopefully supported by his constituents, will be very important in the fight against NY's gun laws.
    "Powder and artillery are the most efficacious, sure, and infallibly conciliatory measures we can adopt."
    - John Adams

www.bluelivesmatternyc.com

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

General

Default Fulton County Sheriff on Permit Renewal "Invites" - "...Throw them in the garbage.."

Sheriff Lorey for President!

I want to add this article to the thread. Is this the **** they are doing to compromise?

Defiance Against NY’s Gun Control Law Continues Two Years Later | Washington Free Beacon

Republicans have also called for changes to the SAFE Act, and several new GOP members defeated Democrats in the elections because of their opposition to Cuomo’s gun control law.
    Sen. Phil Boyle (R., Suffolk County) earlier this month sponsored the Defend Our Homes Act, which would authorize the possession of a magazine with more than seven rounds but fewer than 11 rounds in a person’s home.

General

Oooooppsss!!! Well, it least it's the trifecta.

General

Quote Originally Posted by GUNSICK1 View Post
    I want to add this article to the thread. Is this the **** they are doing to compromise?

Defiance Against NY€™s Gun Control Law Continues Two Years Later | Washington Free Beacon

Republicans have also called for changes to the SAFE Act, and several new GOP members defeated Democrats in the elections because of their opposition to Cuomo’s gun control law.
    Sen. Phil Boyle (R., Suffolk County) earlier this month sponsored the Defend Our Homes Act, which would authorize the possession of a magazine with more than seven rounds but fewer than 11 rounds in a person’s home.
    The RINOs never learn - you can't compromise with collectivist/statist scum. The Repubs,as expected, are reneging on every "campaign promise" they made. Maybe that's the ringer - once the election is over "campaign promises" magically bvecome null and void?

Colonel

I've been saying that the state is at once both trying to force the counties to do something while pretending the counties have the authority. Would be interesting to see what falls out.

I'm not sure carry permits are "rarely" approved unless you're talking about a few counties down south, though.

General

The sheriff is asking that nobody re-new your pistol permits .

“One of the things I want to talk about is the renewal of pistol permits,” the sheriff continues. “There is a lot of scuttlebutt going around about it and I want to set the record straight. Fulton County is one of the pilot counties…they are going to send out 500 invitations to my county and that’s all they are is invitations. The invitation is going to ask you if you would like to renew early…I’m asking everyone that gets those invitations to throw them in the garbage because that is where they belong.”

New York has two types of handgun permits. One type is a permit to carry, which is rarely approved. The second is a permit to possess a handgun. Regarding the permit to possess a handgun, the sheriff is telling his audience to allow their permit paperwork to expire.
    “Don’t do it, let’s have everybody’s permit expire the same day and let them see what they are going to do with it,” he said.
    Last edited by Holdover; 01-21-2015 at 06:14 PM.
    It is impossible for both the Constitution and a law violating it to be valid; Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principals follow that, it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection, and justifies no acts performed under it . A void act cannot be legally consistent with a valid one.

Major

Ive been saying the same thing.Let everyone renew on the same day.**** NYSP,let them handle the land slide of paper work at one time.This is the only reason they are doing the "invitations" now,to cut down on the last day flood .Make nothing easy for these people,they want the law,make them work for it and panic when they dont know what to do or how to handle it.
    "A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty."

CoC= Phelon

Postmaster General Darthgamer138's Avatar

I continue to wish that these articles would fact check. That bit about the permits to possess and carry is wrong.
    Proud NRA ​LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

​SEI Divemaster Apprentice/Nitrox Diver. Dives- ​I57. Proud Atheist.

god I wish zurlo could be like this true American leader
    stand for something, or fall for anything.

Colonel

OOHHHH NO! an oath keeper sheriff, extremists with their own thoughts ... how dare you think for yourselves!

Sergeant

New York has two types of handgun permits. One type is a permit to carry, which is rarely approved. The second is a permit to possess a handgun.
    Not completely accurate. /shrug

Edit: nevermind, he clarified the quote in the video. Fair enough. Most of us have a license to carry, some of us just have restrictions, which aren't covered under any law in New York State.

I wonder if the RINO realizes that the 7-round restriction has been struck down. That's how bright our elected officials are.
    Scroll down this link, I believe the law has been updated and says "suspended and not effective"...

http://nyfirearms.com/forums/laws-po...ml#post1038446
    "The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." - Frederick Douglass

General

Anyway you look at it your rights are ""permitted"" by immoral men
    It is impossible for both the Constitution and a law violating it to be valid; Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principals follow that, it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection, and justifies no acts performed under it . A void act cannot be legally consistent with a valid one.

Quote Originally Posted by gvfd107 View Post
    god I wish zurlo could be like this true American leader
    Yeah, I wish some of this would flow across the county line.
    Both the DA's office and the Sheriff are mum on the Safe Act. Worries me.
    I'm the guy who could catch VD from a virgin.

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away " Thoreau

Colonel

Sounds like he's just talking about the early ones... would be even better if he were to talk about the recertifications in general.

Merlin, that link is just another thread on NYF
    Pedro.
    EDIT; I'm sorry, I got it, post 68.
    Last edited by Pedro; 01-21-2015 at 10:08 PM.
    SCOPE NRA GOA

General

""let’s have everybody’s permit expire the same day and let them see what they are going to do with it,” he said. ""

Quick, everyone let your hard earned handgun permit expire. We promise it will be okay, says the government (elected or otherwise).

General

No it wont be OK , it will force the issue into the courts as they attempt to arrest tens of thousands of people that actually have balls . It forces the issue .

Doing nothing, will do nothing. Either you stand up for what you believe in or you don't.
    Last edited by Holdover; 01-21-2015 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdover View Post
    No it wont be OK , it will force the issue into the courts as they attempt to arrest tens of thousands of people that actually have balls . It forces the issue .

Doing nothing, will do nothing. Either you stand up for what you believe in or you don't.
    Welcome back!
    Robin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast