NYC Knife Carry - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NYC Knife Carry

Postmaster General Darthgamer138's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G3Ken View Post
    Thank you, sincerely . I appreciate the fact you mentioned it. I am going to give it some serious thought, because I have a lot to lose, as we all do.

Not to go off on a libertarian rant, but it is logically impossible for a cop, politician, bureaucrat to do anything we cannot do as individuals. You cannot, even through "voting", delegate a right to someone that you personally do not have. Unfortunately, enough people have yet to grasp that fact. Interested the interim, discretion is the order of the day.

Appreciate the advice.👍
    I can just ask you be careful. Implying your betters should get the same rights as you, and nothing more. In this forum, you will get you attacked.

They are not used to serfs not falling in line and often simply go haywire.
    Proud NRA ​LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

​SEI Divemaster Apprentice/Nitrox Diver. Dives- ​I57. Proud Atheist.

Private

While I'm at, does anyone know why gun stores have tags on switchblades stating "LEO ONLY"? I saw a sweet Benchmade and was disappointed they would not sell it, despite the fact that you can own one under certain circumstances.

While I'm at, does anyone know why gun stores have tags on switchblades stating "LEO ONLY"? I saw a sweet Benchmade and was disappointed they would not sell it, despite the fact that you can own one under certain circumstances.
    They don't want your business.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Private

Lol....nah, they seemed just fine with all the firearms, ammunition and reloading components. They're good guys and recognize that with midst gun guys, the correct answer to "How many guns is enough" is "One More".

Postmaster General Darthgamer138's Avatar

He's right. They don't want your money.

If they did, they'd be clamoring for sales. The "LEO only stuff" only alienates people.
    Proud NRA ​LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

​SEI Divemaster Apprentice/Nitrox Diver. Dives- ​I57. Proud Atheist.

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Darthgamer138 View Post
    ASPs ate completely illegal in NY for the serfs.
    And yet carrying a hammer is completely legal unless you're carrying it for self defense

I do believe a switchblade is legal in ny BUT it must be in your tackle box while fishing. so start carrying your tackle box.

Corporal

It's not the same level crime. Carrying a switchblade or an asp is an A misdemeanor. Carrying a loaded handgun outside of your home or place of business is a class C felony.

Keep the blade under 4 inches, keep it in your pocket, and ensure that even if you hold it by the blade, jump off a curb, and flick the handle you can't open it by centrifugal force. And you have it to cut apples.

Or small fixed blade in a sheath (with every part of the knife and sheath concealed in your pocket). Small amounts of pepper spray are legal as well, they have specific labeling and record keeping requirements. You can get the "approved" variety at some drugstores and gun stores in the city.

Or, a Maglite. That way your baton doubles as a light source!

Colonel

I moved to NYC two years ago after 25 years on the Island, five years in the military before that. My wife bought me a beautiful hand-made leather bag about four years ago. The strap goes nicely over my shoulder and on each end are an open topped pouch. They're just a bit too small to hold a full-sized flashlight.

What they do hold perfectly is my ASP telescoping steel baton. On the rare occasions that I see cops at the subway checking bags, I discretely reach down and put it in a pocket (they've never asked to look in my bag, but it doesn't mean they never will). I've had cops get on the subway many times, and I gently rest my hand on the bags end, over the baton handle. Just another commuter heading to work. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

I Look like your average white taxpayer to cops, but I don't look like food to the predators. Just a thought.
    what they just randomly search bags. Say hell no to that of they ever ask. They can't just search you for no reason. It's kind of in the constitution.

Private

Do the same knife rules apply to what's in a vehicles trunk ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12