NYC Knife Carry
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NYC Knife Carry

Default NYC Knife Carry

Any recommendations for legal knife carry in NY? Im not sure what is legal I wasn't sure if anyone has any knowledge on this. Guns had to stay upstate

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

Ny or nyc? Way different animals.
    There’s a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics; as government expands, liberty contracts. – Ronald Reagan

Postmaster General Darthgamer138's Avatar

Don't.

Carry with a pocket clip exposed, which is accepted on 49 states and all other counties? Do not pass go, do not collect $200, go go jail in an officerone.com "collar."
    Proud NRA ​LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

​SEI Divemaster Apprentice/Nitrox Diver. Dives- ​I57. Proud Atheist.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

We have all moved on to another American owned NY gun forum that doesn't censor you or contribute revenue to anti gun causes. Check my avatar and signature for the location.

Sergeant

Non-locking? So they would rather have the knife close on the victim's fingers if the need for self defense arises. Well, at least the assailant will be safer!

I like Douk Douk knives. Non Locking and the mechanism is so stiff there is no way in the world it will fail the flick test. They are also cheap so if it gets lost or taken from you for any reason you aren't out a ton of cash. Also very light and slim and sharp

dont carry a knife here. We are not allowed to protect ourselves in nyc

Quote Originally Posted by 40Rock2 View Post
    Non-locking? So they would rather have the knife close on the victim's fingers if the need for self defense arises. Well, at least the assailant will be safer!
    No, they would rather you just die.
    Proud NRA ​LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

Blade under 4", no switch blade, doubled sided, dirk/dagger, or gravity knives allowed.. MUST BE CONCEALED (which means no pocket clip exposed).

If it can be wrist flicked opened then its considered a gravity knife (even if they have to borrow a gorilla from the bronx zoo to do the flicking).

MOST IMPORTANTLY, a knife is carried as a tool and NEVER for the purpose of self defense. If you are asked why you have it (and you will be if caught) you cant say self defense as thats automatically illegal.
    jonner770 likes this.
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace"
    All statements and opinions made here are for discussion purposes only, and not meant to promote any illegal behavior or activity.

Yep. Locking is one of the features in their BS gravity knife law.
    We have all moved on to another American owned NY gun forum that doesn't censor you or contribute revenue to anti gun causes. Check my avatar and signature for the location.

How on earth can the city be considered American soil?
    There’s a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics; as government expands, liberty contracts. – Ronald Reagan

Don't. Or carry it concealed without the clip showing. A lot of people are getting fined (not necessarily jailed or anything) because they have a so-called "illegal knife" in NYC.

Ironically, looking at the laws, you can actually have a 4-inch (IIRC) fixed-blade concealed and be legal, and somehow be breaking the law with a typical folding pocket knife with the clip showing... Your best bet is to check a dedicated knife forum and talk to people who really know what goes down in that hell hole. It would be great if you could find someone who was stopped and couldn't be fined or charged with whatever they had, because you would know it was good to go...

So stupid that you even have to go through this nonsense, but that's NYC for you... Upstate NY knife laws are actually pretty loose compared to some places. I think concealed folding knife carry for certain blade length is actually totally legal.

Are we seceding yet? Vermont did it. I think we need to. :/
    "The last domino falls here."

http://globalgunforum.com

Quote Originally Posted by thecelt View Post
    Blade under 4", no switch blade, doubled sided, dirk/dagger, or gravity knives allowed.. MUST BE CONCEALED (which means no pocket clip exposed).

If it can be wrist flicked opened then its considered a gravity knife (even if they have to borrow a gorilla from the bronx zoo to do the flicking).

MOST IMPORTANTLY, a knife is carried as a tool and NEVER for the purpose of self defense. If you are asked why you have it (and you will be if caught) you cant say self defense as thats automatically illegal.
    "Planned to use it on a person" in self defense is illegal? That's been struck down in court, but God knows they'll try something... Maybe they'll once again defy the constitution, and the OP can even go to jail! How cool would that be!?

I'm OK with NYC for about one day a year... God help anyone who lives there. Sorry OP...
    I'm a former Nassau bro myself.

By the way, I love the NCR Ranger avatar TheCelt! I haven't gotten it yet, so I don't want to ruin it for myself... Fallout 4?
    "The last domino falls here."

http://globalgunforum.com

Quote Originally Posted by willjr75 View Post
    Yep. Locking is one of the features in their BS gravity knife law.
    Is that any and all kind of lock?

Private

Quote Originally Posted by BDinPutnam View Post
    Is that any and all kind of lock?
    It won't really matter what kind of locking mechanism a knife has; if it can be flicked open, even if it's a small pocketknife, the NYPD will consider it a "dangerous gravity knife." I don't want to risk being caught with my waved Endura 4, so it stays home.

Colonel

Yep that's the plan. We will make you think twice about protecting yourself. We'd rather you be shot and killed so we can use your death to further gun banning than you living.

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by GunXpatriot View Post
    "Planned to use it on a person" in self defense is illegal? That's been struck down in court, but God knows they'll try something... Maybe they'll once again defy the constitution, and the OP can even go to jail! How cool would that be!?

I'm OK with NYC for about one day a year... God help anyone who lives there. Sorry OP...
    I'm a former Nassau bro myself.

By the way, I love the NCR Ranger avatar TheCelt! I haven't gotten it yet, so I don't want to ruin it for myself... Fallout 4?
    defy the constitution. Peft that would never happen in nys. Oh wait cuomo a trying to do it again. Your right.

Private

I moved to NYC two years ago after 25 years on the Island, five years in the military before that. My wife bought me a beautiful hand-made leather bag about four years ago. The strap goes nicely over my shoulder and on each end are an open topped pouch. They're just a bit too small to hold a full-sized flashlight.

What they do hold perfectly is my ASP telescoping steel baton. On the rare occasions that I see cops at the subway checking bags, I discretely reach down and put it in a pocket (they've never asked to look in my bag, but it doesn't mean they never will). I've had cops get on the subway many times, and I gently rest my hand on the bags end, over the baton handle. Just another commuter heading to work. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

I Look like your average white taxpayer to cops, but I don't look like food to the predators. Just a thought.

ASPs ate completely illegal in NY for the serfs.

You might as well carry a gun. Same charge. Criminal possession of a weapon.

Rule #1, you NEVER carry a knife for "self defense/personal protection" in nyc as that is an automatic crime (absurd isnt it).

No dirks, daggers, switch blades, gravity knives (anything flickable) or anything over 4".

It must be CONCEALED, which means no exposed pocket clip (you know the sheep are easily scared).
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace"
    All statements and opinions made here are for discussion purposes only, and not meant to promote any illegal behavior or activity.

Quote Originally Posted by willjr75 View Post
    You might as well carry a gun. Same charge. Criminal possession of a weapon.
    This is true.

Private

Is that really true? Been carrying that thing pretty much in the open for two full years. I suppose I need to reconsider. I knew that it wasn't "legal", but everyone must weigh the difference between what's legal and what's moral. Personally, I think it's morally wrong for one class of person to be armed and another defenseless, but my opinion matters not where "the law of politicians" is concerned.

In all seriousness, is the possession of an ASP baton in the same class as a firearm? Obviously I'm wrong to think there's a logical distinction between the two, as there is very little logic in the City of New York.

Until society wakes up and realizes that LE cannot logically have rights that are different from everyone else, the freedom -minded will have to remain underground.

Trust me, you'll never hear me call anyone out on doing something "NY illegal". I feel we have a responsibility to do some NY illegal things. Just stating a fact.

On the moral side, you are absolutely correct. To even imply a cop's life is worth more than anyone else's is despicable. But that's how they play.

And yes to the ASP. Legality question. But, if you haven't been caught yet...

Private

Quote Originally Posted by Darthgamer138 View Post
    Trust me, you'll never hear me call anyone out on doing something "NY illegal". I feel we have a responsibility to do some NY illegal things. Just stating a fact.

On the moral side, you are absolutely correct. To even imply a cop's life is worth more than anyone else's is despicable. But that's how they play.

And yes to the ASP. Legality question. But, if you haven't been caught yet...
    Thank you, sincerely . I appreciate the fact you mentioned it. I am going to give it some serious thought, because I have a lot to lose, as we all do.

Not to go off on a libertarian rant, but it is logically impossible for a cop, politician, bureaucrat to do anything we cannot do as individuals. You cannot, even through "voting", delegate a right to someone that you personally do not have. Unfortunately, enough people have yet to grasp that fact. Interested the interim, discretion is the order of the day.

Appreciate the advice.👍

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast