Lets see your bow setups!!! - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Lets see your bow setups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    Yeah, I've already fired a couple shots from her and I must say that I do love it. My brother has a much newer bow, but I think I may actually prefer the feel of the older one compaired to that (though, I didn't actually fire any arrows from his.) I dunno why, I just like the weight of it for some reason.

I kinda wanna shoot a recurve, just to see how I'd enjoy that.

I really need to read up on bow fishing, that sounds like a ton of fun - and something I've never really though of haha. Know anygood websites for information reguarding that?

Didn't really read it, but I'm sure you can just google it and find a great deal of information. Try finding another forum dedicated to archery. I'm sure there are guys who know a ton and are willing to pass it on... http://bowsite.com/BOWSITE/features/...ettingstarted/ Might be a good starting point.
    "A Gentleman would not want to appear armed, but would not be so foolish as to go unarmed. Always be a Gentleman. Alway be courteous. Always be ready to kill everyone in the room."
    NYFirearms Western New York Residents Group **OFFICIAL How to Upload a Full Size Image to a Thread**

Captain

That seems like an interesting picture. Is it just random from online or did you really try it?
    "A Gentleman would not want to appear armed, but would not be so foolish as to go unarmed. Always be a Gentleman. Alway be courteous. Always be ready to kill everyone in the room."
    NYFirearms Western New York Residents Group **OFFICIAL How to Upload a Full Size Image to a Thread**

4. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

I got acouple bows. I like the Martin's. Left is an '05 Cheetah, basic stock with a wisker biscuit and Bullseye sight.
    Right is a '11 Exile, wisker biscuit, Truglow sight and an Apex quiver. Both are 60#, left hand, and 28 draw. I'm using a TRU Ball release (not the Truefire pictured). I do own a 1989 Bear Super Magnum 44 that's set up for fishing, it was my first compound and can't give it up. LOL

Here’s to a long life and a merry one. A quick death and an easy one. A pretty girl and an honest one. A cold beer and another one!

Private

Hey, do any of you know of a decent range near Wayne county that also offers a place for Archery? I'd love to be able to bring either a firearm or my bow to the same range when ever I feel the need to shoot.

Private

Bow Brand - Athens Archery Accomplice 34
    Draw Weight - 70#
    Draw Length - 29.5"
    Sight - G5 Rock (I only use 1 pin in it)
    Rest - QAD HDX Ultra
    Quiver - Bohning Chameleon
    Release - Tru-fire Hardcore
    Arrows - Gold Tip Hunter XT with Blazer fletchings
    Broadheads - NAP Killzone
    Hunting and target shooting (recreational only)

I love this bow. I'll try to upload a pic later. I had 3 pins in my sight but they were stacked on each other so I learned to just aim a little high the further I go out. The arrow really doesn't drop much between 10-30 yards (maybe 1"). It has no sound on the shot and no jolt in your hand as the string returns. I took a chance buying a less known bow but was happy I did.

Hey, do any of you know of a decent range near Wayne county that also offers a place for Archery? I'd love to be able to bring either a firearm or my bow to the same range when ever I feel the need to shoot.
    Im not from Wayne, so I can't help there. I shoot mine in my back yard. I'm sure someone around has some info..

Quote Originally Posted by Mallonrd View Post
    Bow Brand - Athens Archery Accomplice 34
    Draw Weight - 70#
    Draw Length - 29.5"
    Sight - G5 Rock (I only use 1 pin in it)
    Rest - QAD HDX Ultra
    Quiver - Bohning Chameleon
    Release - Tru-fire Hardcore
    Arrows - Gold Tip Hunter XT with Blazer fletchings
    Broadheads - NAP Killzone
    Hunting and target shooting (recreational only)

I love this bow. I'll try to upload a pic later. I had 3 pins in my sight but they were stacked on each other so I learned to just aim a little high the further I go out. The arrow really doesn't drop much between 10-30 yards (maybe 1"). It has no sound on the shot and no jolt in your hand as the string returns. I took a chance buying a less known bow but was happy I did.
    Lets see some pictures!

General

Yeah, I've already fired a couple shots from her and I must say that I do love it. My brother has a much newer bow, but I think I may actually prefer the feel of the older one compaired to that (though, I didn't actually fire any arrows from his.) I dunno why, I just like the weight of it for some reason.

I kinda wanna shoot a recurve, just to see how I'd enjoy that.

I really need to read up on bow fishing, that sounds like a ton of fun - and something I've never really though of haha. Know anygood websites for information reguarding that?
    Check out vids on You Tube of Bow Fishing!! I found them to be the most helpful. As far as a place to go ... well this is the place to be.

http://www.archerytalk.com/

Great deals on archery stuff and a TON of knowledge. You'll read quite abit about the PSE X Force HF there as well as every other bow ever made. I'm watching for a Renegade "The Nuge" bow!! Really cool looking bows.
    RIP NYF

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Shoot View Post
    Check out vids on You Tube of Bow Fishing!! I found them to be the most helpful. As far as a place to go ... well this is the place to be.

Archerytalk Archery & Bowhunting News Bowhunting archerytalk.com

Great deals on archery stuff and a TON of knowledge. You'll read quite abit about the PSE X Force HF there as well as every other bow ever made. I'm watching for a Renegade "The Nuge" bow!! Really cool looking bows.
    I'm already a member there!! Also, I must admit, the DIY section they have has a TON of really useful projects, most rather easy...we need more here if you ask me...

General

Another one from the stable......

Parker WildFire Extreme 001.jpgParker WildFire Extreme 002.jpgParker WildFire Extreme 004.jpg

Parker Wildfire Extreme. 7 months old, used of small game and practice only.
    70# max DW
    29" DL
    Trophy Ridge 6 arrow quiver
    Trophy Ridge 3 pin lighted sights
    Trophy Ridge Biscuit rest
    S-Coil Stabilizer
    AND .... it's for sale in the "other FS" section right now. Good shooter and accurate as could be. I need to thin the herd now though.
    RIP NYF

Private

Well since bows are my main passion here my hunting rig

Bow Brand- Bowtech Destroyer 340 super tuned by Ken at Baldy's Archery in Ohio
    Draw Weight- 70 pounds
    Draw Length- 29"
    Sight HHA XL5519
    Rest- QAD
    Quiver- Alpine 5 arrow
    Arrows- Carbon Express Mayhem 350
    Broadheads- Grim Reaper 1 3/4" 125g and Rage 125g

Corporal

I'd post a pic of it, but them they would know I have when we need to register them too.......

Hoyt Turbohawk 55lb draw, wisker biscuit, 2217 easton aluminums with 100gr thunderheads, and a 20 / 30 yard pin. Moving up to 60lb draw, carbon arrows, and 85gr heads. Maybe retractables.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboreblr View Post
    i'd post a pic of it, but them they would know i have when we need to register them too.......

Hoyt turbohawk 55lb draw, wisker biscuit, 2217 easton aluminums with 100gr thunderheads, and a 20 / 30 yard pin. Moving up to 60lb draw, carbon arrows, and 85gr heads. Maybe retractables.
    edit.
    Last edited by NLYE; 01-22-2013 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Threads merged

Bow Brand - 2010 Quest Primal G-Fade
    Draw Weight - 70 pounds
    Draw Length - 28"
    Sight - HHA OL-5019
    Rest - Ripcord Code Red w/ G5 Meta Peep
    Release - Scott Sabertooth NCS
    Arrows - Carbon Express Mayhem Hunter 350's
    Broadheads - Rage 125's
    Use - Hunting and some target.

Here's a pic from last season:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sergeant

Here's my setup:
    Bow-2013 Mathhews Monster Chill (Black)
    Draw weight- 70lbs
    Draw length-28.5
    Sight-Tru-glow 5 pin
    Rest-QAD HDX Drop away

Picked it up a few weeks ago.Thing is wicked fast and very comfortable

20130124_054445.jpg
    Release-Scott Mongoose
    Arrows-Carbon Express Maxima Weight foward.45-60
    Broad head-Rage 100 gr
    Quiver.Mathews

Quote Originally Posted by Ken/4 View Post
    Here's my setup:
    Draw weight- 70lbs
    Draw length-28.5
    Sight-Tru-glow 5 pin
    Rest-QAD HDX Drop away

20130124_054445.jpg
    Release-Scott Mongoose
    Broad head-Rage 100 gr
    Quiver.Mathews
    I like it! Is it a new style for 2013? I've never seen it before. Are you using 2 blade rages or 3?

I can't edit my original post because the threads merged. Here's some more from me:

100gr Rage 2 Blade Entry Hole

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by rhinehart View Post
    I like it! Is it a new style for 2013? I've never seen it before. Are you using 2 blade rages or 3?
    Its brand new this year.This is my 6th mathews and by far my favorite.Im using the 2 blade rage and like your pic,they punch a hole in them.

Its brand new this year.This is my 6th mathews and by far my favorite.Im using the 2 blade rage and like your pic,they punch a hole in them.
    Thanks, and I am a fan of the new Mathews. What's supposed to be the new features of it?

Sergeant

This is the first monster series i have owned.My last was a dxt and switchback before that.Im not real sure what the older monsters had to offer but i can say i shot one of the first ones they made and didnt like it.I mainly just hunt with it and wanted to try a bow this time that was just plain fast.I hurt my shoulder a couple yrs ago and had to drop to a 60lb bow.After watching my arrows fly like logs(under a deer or two) for the last couple years,and with my shoulder healing up well i decided on this one.Its is real quiet and smooth with no aftershock at all.I set it up and shot it through a chronograph and it was smoking at 324fps in my hunting set up.All in all aside from the price i am very happy with it.

Yea they are crazy expensive. I love mine, but couldn't spend that much again unless I couldn't use the one I have now.

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by rhinehart View Post
    Thanks, and I am a fan of the new Mathews. What's supposed to be the new features of it?
    Hers's a link to the page if you want to see all the spec's and features.

Chill

Hi there, checking out this thread at the suggestion of another. New to the forums and new to archery.

I dont have a pic of my set up at the moment, my set up isnt all that impressive though I do love it.
    On a spur of trying to get back to my roots after living in a city for the last 10 years (grew up romping around the wilderness and the green mountains of VT) I talked my gf into allowing me to pick up a bow as long as I kept it reasonable. Long story short I was able to get a
    RTH package Bear Mauler 29" draw length 50-60 # draw strength. Its a beautiful bow but unfortunately I have yet to be able to find time to go to the range and try it out. Previous to this I have a small amount of experience from college with a recurve bow.

So thats me and what Ive got, would love to get into the sport more, but the only range I know of near me is in gander mountain and it feels a little wierd. So if anyone has any hints, tips, suggestions, or a want to sponser a newbie and show him how its done irl at some point Id love to hear from you.

General

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Shogun View Post
    Hi there, checking out this thread at the suggestion of another. New to the forums and new to archery.

I dont have a pic of my set up at the moment, my set up isnt all that impressive though I do love it.
    On a spur of trying to get back to my roots after living in a city for the last 10 years (grew up romping around the wilderness and the green mountains of VT) I talked my gf into allowing me to pick up a bow as long as I kept it reasonable. Long story short I was able to get a
    RTH package Bear Mauler 29" draw length 50-60 # draw strength. Its a beautiful bow but unfortunately I have yet to be able to find time to go to the range and try it out. Previous to this I have a small amount of experience from college with a recurve bow.

So thats me and what Ive got, would love to get into the sport more, but the only range I know of near me is in gander mountain and it feels a little wierd. So if anyone has any hints, tips, suggestions, or a want to sponser a newbie and show him how its done irl at some point Id love to hear from you.

Send it to me ... I'll get plenty of range time with it!! You don't have a state land area or someplace big enough to shoot a bow? I shoot mine in the house!! LOL Oh ... one more thing ,,,, welcome to the forum!!

General

Here's my setup:
    Draw weight- 70lbs
    Draw length-28.5
    Sight-Tru-glow 5 pin
    Rest-QAD HDX Drop away

20130124_054445.jpg
    Release-Scott Mongoose
    Broad head-Rage 100 gr
    Quiver.Mathews

Are you shooting arrows designed for no more than 60lbs out of a bow set at 70lbs? Spine is way wrong if so and actually pretty close to mimicking a dry fire as well since that arrow is REALLY flexing on the launch.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast