Got my hearing date on skype what to expect?
Close

Private

Default Got my hearing date on skype what to expect?

I live in Albany County, im currently a security guard who wants to get into armed security and start my own company. i recently got my hearing to speak with a judge to finish processing my pistol permit.

In the email it States that to obtain a unrestricted permit i have the burden to show proper cause. That is" a special need for self-protection that is distinguishable from that of the general committee or persons engaged in the same profession (Then says see matter Bando v Sullivan)

Has anyone done one of these skype hearings?

What should i be expecting?

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    I live in Albany County, im currently a security guard who wants to get into armed security and start my own company. i recently got my hearing to speak with a judge to finish processing my pistol permit.

In the email it States that to obtain a unrestricted permit i have the burden to show proper cause. That is" a special need for self-protection that is distinguishable from that of the general committee or persons engaged in the same profession (Then says see matter Bando v Sullivan)

Has anyone done one of these skype hearings?

What should i be expecting?
    Good Morning Cthulhu:

Thanks for your post. Hope you are well.

While our office has not yet done a Skype conference in connection with a pistol application, I would assume it will not be very different. You can expect to be asked several questions about your background. This is to gauge your good moral character. In addition, if there is anything questionable on your record, it is very likely the Judge will inquire about it further.

When going for an unrestricted, you really do need to establish what separates you from the general public which would warrant you being issued an unrestricted license. Unfortunately, some counties are just more lax about issuing these licenses, and well, some others are just more tough. With that in mind, really sit and think about your daily routines, your life, everything and anything that separates you from others. Explain what your goals are in receiving the unrestricted. Have you ever been a victim of a crime? Live in a high crime area? Do you perform frequent cash deposits at the bank? Do you carry expensive items on your person? Also, make sure you become as familiar as possible with Brando v. Sullivan. A quick google search will likely have it come up.

All in all, if you would feel more confident with the assistance of an attorney, visit www.avvo.com to shop around. Remember, a denial on your record makes it more difficult in the future if you re-apply. Better in my opinion to get the best bite at the apple considering you are trying to get a business up and running. Let us know how it pans out and best of luck to you and your future endeavors!

Sincerely,

Adam Gonzalez
    Director of Administration
    The Law Offices of David Fried, PC