Judge Gerald W. Connolly reviews?
Close

Private

Default Judge Gerald W. Connolly reviews?

Hello, new to the forum, just wondering if anyone in Albany county has had Gerald W. Connolly as their judge for their pistol permit, I have my court date with him next week and was just wondering if he is anti gun or if he is known to give restrictions, I can’t find much about him online but I’m assuming I will get restrictions, just reaching out to see if anyone else has dealt with him and to hear their outcome, thanks

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Sergeant

Oh my god! You got Connolly?!? You're toast!! Might at well not even show up!!

You'll be fine. Tell the truth and don't be nervous and uptight. Dress nice as you would in court.

Don't ask for restrictions and you may not get them. Ask for them and you will surely get your wish.

Demonstrate a clear and concise proper cause argument. The process is easier than you think. A little research into proper cause will go a long way.

Discuss your through understanding of Article 35 with the judge. If you don't have a through understanding of it you better get busy reading. Bring it up first. Do not wait for him to do so. This will show that you are serious and that you understand use of force enough to be trusted for full carry.

This is probably the biggest mistake people make and why they get target practice only permits. They just say they want the permit but never show that they understand the laws which justify legally using it. The other biggest problem is people don't ask for a full carry unrestricted permit or they even actually ask for a restricted permit then come here and complain that they got exactly what they asked for.

Good luck.
    Last edited by smitty846; 09-22-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Private

Thanks a bunch for the advice, I take it you have heard some bad reviews on judge Connolly, I will get busy reading up on article 35

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew1995 View Post
    Thanks a bunch for the advice, I take it you have heard some bad reviews on judge Connolly, I will get busy reading up on article 35
    No I was joking. I don't know him but have given you what you need to be successful.

Private

Does anyone else have any experience dealing with judge connolly For their permit ?