Paper to plastic
Close

Default Paper to plastic

Anyone know what the process is now for changing old paper permit to the updated plastic one in erie county?

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Sergeant

Instructions along with the price list is all on the website. Mail it in. They mail it back.

What about a new picture?

Quote Originally Posted by smitty846 View Post
    Instructions along with the price list is all on the website. Mail it in. They mail it back.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by steelie68 View Post
    What about a new picture?
    All explained here. Send in passport photo.
    https://www2.erie.gov/clerk/sites/ww...astic%20v2.pdf

Private

Quote Originally Posted by steelie68 View Post
    Anyone know what the process is now for changing old paper permit to the updated plastic one in erie county?
    All on the website. I'm fine with paper permit. Until it's mandatory or free I'm sticking with my 25 year old paper one.

Sergeant

Something just dawned on me that I hadn't thought of earlier. There have been people with unrestricted paper permits that were restricted to target/hunting permits when they upgraded to the plastic card. These were mainly permits issued by judge Wolfgang. When the office prints up your new plastic card there is nothing saved in the system saying you were unrestricted and as a result it prints out with the restrictions on it.

The people who have caught this were required to go through the process of applying for restriction removal to the judge and had to go through that whole process to get back to an unrestricted permit. Not sure if this applies to you because I don't know if you have restrictions right now or not, but if you do not pay close attention to your new permit. It very well may print with hunting/target only on it. You can decide if it's worth the risk and hassle.
    Last edited by smitty846; 10-17-2020 at 02:23 PM.