Erie County References Contacted and Interview Done.
Close

Private

Default Erie County References Contacted and Interview Done.

Hi, about 3 weeks ago my references were contacted over the phone and I had a phone interview as well. How long should I expect to wait before I get a letter of approval or denial? Also, I applied for a permit with no restrictions. Is it possible for them to deny just the no restrictions part leaving me with a permit with restrictions, or if I get denied is the whole thing denied? Lastly, should I expect the plastic permit card to be in the letter that I get or do I get that elsewhere? Thanks!

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Sergeant

You do realize there is a thread specifically for these questions don't you? "Erie permit timelines" is where you should have posted this. Over there you can read up on everyones experiences and get a good gauge of timing. I would guess you are about 1-5 weeks away. I could look into it deeper for you if you can't find a more specific answer over there.

You did the right thing in applying for no restrictions. If you are found to not have good cause for unrestricted, you will be issued a hunting/target permit. You will not be outright denied for that reason. What reasoning did you give for the need for unrestricted? Also did you mention your understanding of Article 35? The judge likes to see that. He is very fair and belongs to one of our local "sportsman" type clubs.

You will get a decision letter in the mail. The actual plastic permit card is issued when you register your first gun.

Head over to the thread I mentioned and that is where you should post your timeline and updates for everyone. Thanks and good luck.

Private

Quote Originally Posted by smitty846 View Post
    You do realize there is a thread specifically for these questions don't you? "Erie permit timelines" is where you should have posted this. Over there you can read up on everyones experiences and get a good gauge of timing. I would guess you are about 1-5 weeks away. I could look into it deeper for you if you can't find a more specific answer over there.

You did the right thing in applying for no restrictions. If you are found to not have good cause for unrestricted, you will be issued a hunting/target permit. You will not be outright denied for that reason. What reasoning did you give for the need for unrestricted? Also did you mention your understanding of Article 35? The judge likes to see that. He is very fair and belongs to one of our local "sportsman" type clubs.

You will get a decision letter in the mail. The actual plastic permit card is issued when you register your first gun.

Head over to the thread I mentioned and that is where you should post your timeline and updates for everyone. Thanks and good luck.

Sorry! I didnt realize that there was a thread for that. The short version of what I wrote is that I am single, I do a lot of hiking alone, and that we have a property that we do outdoor archery in. And yes, I mentioned Article 35
    Also 1 more question, there isn't a time limit for how long I can wait to get a gun right? I'll probably buy my first gun in a year or two, I just wanted to get the permit now so I don't have to deal with the process later on.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by hansanitizer; 10-17-2020 at 12:48 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by hansanitizer View Post
    Sorry! I didnt realize that there was a thread for that. The short version of what I wrote is that I am single, I do a lot of hiking alone, and that we have a property that we do outdoor archery in. And yes, I mentioned Article 35
    Also 1 more question, there isn't a time limit for how long I can wait to get a gun right? I'll probably buy my first gun in a year or two, I just wanted to get the permit now so I don't have to deal with the process later on.
    Thanks!
    No time limit to get a gun. They did away with that. Back in the day they would rescind your permit if you didn't add a gun within so many days.

Private

Quote Originally Posted by smitty846 View Post
    No time limit to get a gun. They did away with that. Back in the day they would rescind your permit if you didn't add a gun within so many days.
    Awesome! Thank you for your help!

Sergeant

I'll give you about a week after having your permit before you buy a pistol. No way you will be able to wait a year or longer. You will be very excited once it comes. Many people here can attest to that!!