Livingston County - Reference Question
Close

Private

Default Livingston County - Reference Question

Would there be any issue if my character reference had a misdemeanor DWI, I don't have any arrests but wondering if they look at the references that hard or if it would matter?

Thanks,
    Terry

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Terry2776 View Post
    Would there be any issue if my character reference had a misdemeanor DWI, I don't have any arrests but wondering if they look at the references that hard or if it would matter?

Thanks,
    Terry
    How long ago? Just 1? I'd say no unless it was like, last week or something.

Sergeant

Agree. It should be just fine. The biggest thing to worry about it picking people who won't change their minds months down the road when they finally get interviewed. If you have to swap out a reference mid-process it will cause big delays. The other thing is picking people who will respond quickly to phone calls or letters they receive in the mail. The references can make all the difference in how fast you get a permit. Choose close trusted people. The only people I would definitely stay away from are felons or people with weapon or assault arrests.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Private

I had a backup guy and he told me he got a public lewdness arrest back in 2005 3 weeks after getting out of the military and got drunk and pissed in public on main street in our small town. LOL

Private

Basically I moved out of Dansville 20 years ago and then moved back after buying a house here last fall and don't really know many people anymore

Sergeant

I wouldn't worry about it too much Mr. Terry. You don't want all of your references to have convictions but one won't hurt. Especially DWI. They give those out like candy. It won't cause you any problems. After all, you're the applicant, not him. Get your application submitted ASAP. Like - today!

Corporal

Should really be no problem unless it was agravated or someone got injured, and wasnt this summer..

If avoidable, then I'd avoid using them. If not, then use them but be prepared to have some questions asked about your association with them, that's all.
    "From training comes knowledge. From knowledge comes confidence. From confidence comes triumph."

The Next Evolution in Training

"Like" us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roche...61665857219329

Dave Jenkins,
    Founder, Primary Instructor: Rochester Personal Defense, LLC
    NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor for: Well, pretty much everything!
    Handgun Combatives Certified Instructor
    USCCA Certified Instructor/Training Counselor
    Sig Master Handgun Instructor
    REAL TRAINING, FOR REAL PEOPLE, FOR REAL LIFE.