Turnaround Time Adding Pistol in Westchester
Close

Sergeant

Default Turnaround Time Adding Pistol in Westchester

Anyone recently add a pistol to their permit in Westchester? What was the turnaround time?

Thanks in advance.

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Private

I think people are waiting a few weeks. Its ridiculous. Nobody on here is complaining why the permit officers are closed. Everything else is open. The DMVs Everything. They are doing this only to gun owners. Its their way of instituting a waiting period. They should have it open by appointment so your in and out. I can't find why Nobody else is talking about this.

Private

Looking for this info as well. Looking to add one in the next few weeks. Was hoping it wont take as long as my permit did.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by WestchesterGuy33 View Post
    Looking for this info as well. Looking to add one in the next few weeks. Was hoping it wont take as long as my permit did.
    In the pre-COVID era, the typical turnaround was 3 weeks if you dropped the amendment to add a pistol off at the clerk. I am curious to know if anyone has a recent experience.

Private

I dropped off my amendment to add a pistol today at the county clerks office, i will update when I get it back. Anyone think I would have an issue adding a pistol when I just got my permit 2 weeks ago?

Sergeant

I dropped off my amendment to add a pistol today at the county clerks office, i will update when I get it back. Anyone think I would have an issue adding a pistol when I just got my permit 2 weeks ago?
    LOL some of you guys are so paranoid. Yeah, you got a permit but DON'T DARE get a gun!!

Come on, man!

Sergeant

No. You will be fine. I do recommend that you get a gun safe, and a home alarm system if you don’t already have one. In Westchester, when you add your 5th or 6th handgun, the Judge may request a home inspection to confirm a safe and home alarm system prior to allowing you to add any additional handguns.

Private

Quote Originally Posted by Steve89 View Post

No. You will be fine. I do recommend that you get a gun safe, and a home alarm system if you don’t already have one. In Westchester, when you add your 5th or 6th handgun, the Judge may request a home inspection to confirm a safe and home alarm system prior to allowing you to add any additional handguns.
    Good to know. I do have several safes already.

Sergeant

Anyone recently add a new pistol to their license in Westchester? How long did it take?

Private

I just received my amended permit and voucher today in the mail, exactly 2 weeks after dropping off my paperwork at the courthouse drop box. I was pretty pleased with that turnaround time.

Sergeant

I just received my amended permit and voucher today in the mail, exactly 2 weeks after dropping off my paperwork at the courthouse drop box. I was pretty pleased with that turnaround time.
    That’s good news. I am going on almost 3 weeks now since they received my amendment.

Private

2 weeks, ok that wouldn't be too long. Thanks for the info. Been wondering about this too.

Private

Yeah Amendment wasnt too bad but I have a friend who finally got in touch with someone to get a permit appointment and they scheduled him for October 14, 2021. 11 month wait for an appointment has got to be some kind of constitutional infringement.

The permit office was closed due to Covid until some time in late July. My appointment was scheduled around that same time frame the office opened with a 3 month wait. People who called in early August for their interview appointments were getting "1 year in the future dates". Blame in on the pandemic, social unrest, whatever. The demand for permits, guns, and ammo is at crazy levels. Someone on the forum (I believe) got their determination letter 35 days after their interview. Let's hope the process speeds up (doubtful).

I'm still waiting on my letter but everywhere I check, even though I could pick up my 'layaway', I might not be able to find ammo for it. There are plenty of accessories to be had but not much else.

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by BlabNess View Post
    2 weeks, ok that wouldn't be too long. Thanks for the info. Been wondering about this too.
    Just received my amended permit and coupon in the mail today. Exactly 3 weeks from when my amendment form was received by the Clerk.