Pistol permit denied St. Lawrence County. Can I appeal?
Close

Private

Default Pistol permit denied St. Lawrence County. Can I appeal?

I live in St. Lawrence County and was denied a pistol permit. Reason stated was because I went to in-patient detox for alcohol. I admitted myself because I wanted to stop drinking, so it was not court ordered or anything. Also it stated because of an accident I had in FL back in 2016 which involved alcohol even though I passed my sobriety test and I was not arrested. In fact I have never been arrested in my life and have never had to go to court for anything other than speeding tickets.
    So my question is can this be appealed? I can't seem to find anything on the web on how to appeal this so I was hoping someone on here might be able to give me some advice or point me in the right direction.
    If it can be appealed will I need to hire an attorney?

Crazy to think I do the right thing and get myself away from drinking and I get penalized for it. Like if I just kept drinking and never went to detox that would be fine but because I got help I'm being punished. A$$ backwards if you ask me.

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
    I live in St. Lawrence County and was denied a pistol permit. Reason stated was because I went to in-patient detox for alcohol. I admitted myself because I wanted to stop drinking, so it was not court ordered or anything. Also it stated because of an accident I had in FL back in 2016 which involved alcohol even though I passed my sobriety test and I was not arrested. In fact I have never been arrested in my life and have never had to go to court for anything other than speeding tickets.
    So my question is can this be appealed? I can't seem to find anything on the web on how to appeal this so I was hoping someone on here might be able to give me some advice or point me in the right direction.
    If it can be appealed will I need to hire an attorney?

Crazy to think I do the right thing and get myself away from drinking and I get penalized for it. Like if I just kept drinking and never went to detox that would be fine but because I got help I'm being punished. A$$ backwards if you ask me.
    You probably have a decent case here. You will absolutely need a lawyer. They will know all of the details and what needs to be done. Act fast as you have limited days to appeal a decision. It will be an Article 78 Proceeding if you'd like to get more information. Get a lawyer. Today.

Private

Quote Originally Posted by smitty846 View Post
    You probably have a decent case here. You will absolutely need a lawyer. They will know all of the details and what needs to be done. Act fast as you have limited days to appeal a decision. It will be an Article 78 Proceeding if you'd like to get more information. Get a lawyer. Today.
    Thanks Smitty. Do you know of any lawyers in my area that deal with cases involving this type of matter?

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
    Thanks Smitty. Do you know of any lawyers in my area that deal with cases involving this type of matter?
    Do an internet search. If you don't find much call a firm or two and ask for a referral.

Colonel

I’d call Amy Belatoni and ask her for a referral to your area.