Cost of co-registering multiple handguns (Erie)
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FTWNY

Thread: Cost of co-registering multiple handguns (Erie)

Private

Default Cost of co-registering multiple handguns (Erie)

My girlfriend just received her letter of approval and wishes to co-register my handguns. If they're all added on a single form, is it $5 flat or $5 per handgun? I've never registered more than one at a time myself. Common sense tells me it's $5 flat, but you never know.

Thanks.

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

It is a fee for a new card, so you can add as many handguns as you want and change your address and job all for that fee.

However, since she was just approved ,and if they did not send her the card, then she will not have to pay any fee as the first card is included in the $20 application fee she paid when she applied.

Quote Originally Posted by domeshine View Post
    My girlfriend just received her letter of approval and wishes to co-register my handguns. If they're all added on a single form, is it $5 flat or $5 per handgun? I've never registered more than one at a time myself. Common sense tells me it's $5 flat, but you never know.

Thanks.
    OwnTheRide likes this.
    Firearms Training of Western New York
    http://www.ftwny.com
    [email protected]

"Safety Doesn't Happen by Accident"

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Firea...9341927?ref=hl

Quote Originally Posted by FTWNY View Post
    It is a fee for a new card, so you can add as many handguns as you want and change your address and job all for that fee.

However, since she was just approved ,and if they did not send her the card, then she will not have to pay any fee as the first card is included in the $20 application fee she paid when she applied.

Thanks.
    This is not true, or at least thats not what we were told. My wife also received a first time approval letter and I called PP office to make sure because it is not clear in their instructions. Had to send a check for I believe $8 and we are currently waiting for her first plastic card. If you have a question, ALWAYS call PP office, so there is no confusion, which just wastes your time.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Private

It is $2 for the plastic, $3 for each handgun added. $5 to add one, $8 for 2, $11 for 3 and so on.

Private

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by FTWNY View Post

Thanks.
    You only get an acceptance letter. You don’t get a plastic permit until you put a gun onto your permit. Fill out the co register form for all the guns you are adding. Multiply the number guns you are putting on her permit by $3. Then add an additional $2 on for the plastic. 1 gun is $5, 2 - $8, 3- $11, 4 - $14 and so on.

Private

Due to the conflicting information in this thread, my girlfriend called the PPO. Apparently her question was confusing to the woman on the other end, because she couldn't decide if the cost was $5 or $8. She then e-mailed Kim Bowers who immediately replied to say the following:

It is $5 total for the first (3) you co-register and then $3 for every additional (3) you co-register.

So the total check / money order for the (2) guns you are co-registering would be $5 total.

Private

Definitely the way to go. I called the other day about adding 2 but from separate places and it was $8. The time before I was told $5 for the first 3 but had asked about co registering. Then I went to co-register 2 and add 1 and I was told $11. I don’t even know if they are on the same page. Hopefully they are taking that into consideration and not returning them, it has to be hectic there!