SCR Aftermarket Parts?
Close

Private

Default SCR Aftermarket Parts?

So, I have been looking to find any mention anywhere about a trigger upgrade for my SCR. I still have the old 10 lb trigger original SCR, and I have been reluctant to send it back to them since I am moving. I really do not want to send it to them and have them send it to the old address after I move. I also don't like that they never answer email, but that is besides the point here.

Has anyone heard of aftermarket triggers for the SCR? Or anything that might work? You would think that someone would be working on this.

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

Nothing im aware of, but they were always responsive to my emails. When are you moving? Maybe you should just send it in after you move?. The upgraded trigger is definitely a huge improvement, and it feels like a standard milspec ar-15.
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace"
    All statements and opinions made here are for discussion purposes only, and not meant to promote any illegal behavior or activity.

Private

Probably the way I will go. Moving at the end of next month.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Finally, I was about to start this thread. Well lets get them up here. Im soon to pick up an SCR and want to have all the goodies bookmarked. Anyone else have done aftermarket mods to theirs?

The only thing I have done was change the upper on mine, I sold off the other upper and put my own on the one complete SCR I bought. The others we just lower receivers from the beginning.
    Manus haec inimica tyrannis
    The only cure for the liberal/progressive minded is; to put them into a situation where they have to rely on their own advice and theories to defend themselves.

R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016 PY-Tactical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kwilley View Post
    So, I have been looking to find any mention anywhere about a trigger upgrade for my SCR. I still have the old 10 lb trigger original SCR, and I have been reluctant to send it back to them since I am moving. I really do not want to send it to them and have them send it to the old address after I move. I also don't like that they never answer email, but that is besides the point here.

Has anyone heard of aftermarket triggers for the SCR? Or anything that might work? You would think that someone would be working on this.
    OK, I talked to Ares for you today. Their number is 321-242-8410.
    Technical service person's email is [email protected]
    Just call her or email her, give her the serial number of your SCR so she can verify the upgrade.
    Then just send them the lower only, they will change out the trigger and return in a few days.

If you are moving as soon as he end of February, wait until you relocate to return it.
    Let us know how you make out...
    Last edited by PY-Tactical; 02-25-2016 at 01:50 PM.
    The first rule of AR Club is you do not talk about AR Club!

The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. ~ Ayn Rand

Private

Thanks for that. Just called. I am going to go ahead and get it taken care of.

Sergeant

The only upgrade that I have heard of for the trigger is that the JP Yellow trigger springs can be installed:

I haven't tried it, myself, but apparently at least some of the springs in their trigger were borrowed from the AR.

Sergeant

as soon as I got mine I made some practical modifications to primarily address the bolt catch and mag release...

AXTS Raptor ambi charge handle

Also Ares bolt catch
    Knight Armament ambi mag release

And Primary Arms micro red dot

not the best pictures but you get the point. It is also the revised version with the dust cover and improved trigger...

great little rifle and very light!

A place to order a bolt catch online:
    (SCR's don't come with one.)

Ares Defense SCR Bolt Catch

They have iron sights made for the SCR also.

The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. ~ Ayn Rand

Any other mods available? Maybe someone can start a SCR mod thread.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpNY View Post
    The only upgrade that I have heard of for the trigger is that the JP Yellow trigger springs can be installed:

I haven't tried it, myself, but apparently at least some of the springs in their trigger were borrowed from the AR.
    I might be willing to try this being as I don't want to wait a month to get something back.

Quote Originally Posted by automan21 View Post
    I might be willing to try this being as I don't want to wait a month to get something back.
    Ares told me on the phone, their turn around was a few days, not a month. Anyone who sent in their lower out there who can relay their actual experience?

Private

Quote Originally Posted by PY-Tactical View Post
    Ares told me on the phone, their turn around was a few days, not a month. Anyone who sent in their lower out there who can relay their actual experience?
    Less than a week turn around.

Cool so its not that long, great.
    Just picked up an SCR, the 002 model. Cool looking but planning to change it up a bit.

Do the latest Ares SCR lower/stocks come with the bolt release?

Do the latest Ares SCR lower/stocks come with the bolt release?
    I got one around Christmas and it did.
    The only cure for the liberal/progressive minded is; to put them into a situation where they have to rely on their own advice and theories to defend themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by dsdmmat View Post
    Thanks, decided to stop thinking about it and ordered a lower today.

Colonel

Compatible with any upper receiver?
    That's all folks

Colonel

$500 for a lower makes me sick.
    That's all folks

Quote Originally Posted by togmaster View Post
    It seems so.

Quote Originally Posted by dsdmmat View Post
    The one I just got didn't
    The dealer wanted me to pay for it and they would put it in. I was like no and I will get it for cheaper and install myself. Its like 2 mins to do.

Quote Originally Posted by automan21 View Post
    The one I just got didn't
    The dealer wanted me to pay for it and they would put it in. I was like no and I will get it for cheaper and install myself. Its like 2 mins to do.
    I think mine was 650 out the door, which is probably why it came with one. The bolt catch is 40 bucks from Ares.
    Last edited by dsdmmat; 03-13-2016 at 09:42 AM.

Sergeant

Thanks, decided to stop thinking about it and ordered a lower today.
    I set my Carp Stock aside a few weeks back in favor of my SCR. With the light upper that I'm building for it and the Sporter Short stock (or other 1100 reduced LOP stock) when I replace the current Sporter, it will be a very handy and fast-pointing rifle.

I would say almost any. For example, there were some older runs of the New Frontier (or was it Gibbz) side charger that didn't have the M16 sear relief cut, so it wouldn't attach. They changed their design. Also, some piston designs may not work (Ares has their own and Faxon put an ARAK upper on one, but others might have problems.) Finally, direct blowback pistol caliber carbines or 22 LR uppers might take extra work to get them running. Basically, it's a new recoil system (for AR's anyway) with fewer tweaking options. Generally, though, most any upper should work (with their bolt carrier) and nearly all accessories (handguards, optics, etc) will be just as usable.

$500 for a lower makes me sick.
    It's a little much, but price out a billet lower plus a LPK, buffer system, stock, pistol grip and bolt carrier, and it's not that unreasonable. I bought a used one in very good shape that already had the bolt catch installed for less.

I installed the hammer spring from a JP reduced recoil (yellow) kit. Two 30 seconds and fit in without any issue. Trigger is a little lighter now. Haven't looked at the rest of the FCG to see if either of the other springs can be used.

Private

Can someone recommend a gunsmith who can do the trigger work on SCR?