Buffalo Niagara Gun Range CLOSES
Close

Default Buffalo Niagara Gun Range CLOSES

Just an FYI that the BNGR on Niagara Falls Blvd. In North Tonawanda, closed this past week due to pathetic mis management by ownership. The employees were top notch but unfortunately took the brunt of the owners poor business practices. Hopefully someone can one day soon turn the business into what it should of been, A full service range and gun shop. Regular customers will surely miss the ability of having a local place to shoot in the northtown's.

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

Unfortunate, Wolcott is full of Fudd employees.

John is cool as hell. He is no fudd. He knows his shit.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

I’m not sure who John is, but there was a older guy who was extremely concerned about my AR-15.

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by SammyDaBull View Post
    Not sure what exactly you mean by "Fudd", but my experience and several people I know have had nothing but good things to say about Wolcott.

Quote Originally Posted by 4 paws View Post
    Not sure what exactly you mean by "Fudd", but my experience and several people I know have had nothing but good things to say about Wolcott.

Urban dictionary it dude. One guy older guy. Now I don’t know if he still works there or who he was. Was very concerned that my AR wasn’t legal. I told him it none of his business, and that even if he was a cop it’s none of his business. Bullshit. I’m paying to shoot, if I’m not shooting their list of things not allowed ammunition wise I understand. But the legality of my rifle should not be a concern of his. Niagara gun range all the asked was if I’m shooting 62gr m855, if so not to.

Corporal

Urban dictionary it dude. One guy older guy. Now I don’t know if he still works there or who he was. Was very concerned that my AR wasn’t legal. I told him it none of his business, and that even if he was a cop it’s none of his business. Bullshit. I’m paying to shoot, if I’m not shooting their list of things not allowed ammunition wise I understand. But the legality of my rifle should not be a concern of his. Niagara gun range all the asked was if I’m shooting 62gr m855, if so not to.
    Roger that "dude". One employee questions the legality of your rifle and the rest are branded as "Fudd's".

Quote Originally Posted by 4 paws View Post
    Roger that "dude". One employee questions the legality of your rifle and the rest are branded as "Fudd's".
    Why is it his business if my AR is legal or not?

Private

Old thread, but at my Club all members actively monitor the range and facility and have a duty to report anything legal. I would report any suspected illegal firearm to Club management as soon as I saw it. One non-law abiding member can bring down the whole Club/range.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawgie View Post
    Old thread, but at my Club all members actively monitor the range and facility and have a duty to report anything legal. I would report any suspected illegal firearm to Club management as soon as I saw it. One non-law abiding member can bring down the whole Club/range.
    So how do you know who is allowed to have what? You have no idea! Sorry, but what a moronic statement.

Quote Originally Posted by steelie68 View Post
    So how do you know who is allowed to have what? You have no idea! Sorry, but what a moronic statement.
    You can’t look at a firearm and automatically assume it’s illegal. What if said person is a LEO or has a SOT or its registered. You are what we call a Fudd.

Colonel

You can’t look at a firearm and automatically assume it’s illegal. What if said person is a LEO or has a SOT or its registered. You are what we call a Fudd.
    You can’t blame a business for wanting to make sure the guns are legal. How do you know what he was doing? Maybe he was protecting you. There are many police officers that shoot there and maybe he knew one of the guys on the range was a cop and didn’t want you to get busted?
    I’m sure he can get in trouble if he lets you bring an illegal gun into the range to shoot. Now I wasn’t there and I dont know how this instance took place so I don’t want to say too much.
    Do I agree with the law hell no but I’m sure he could lose his FFL if he allows people in with illegal guns. No FFL no business. I know many people who love the shop. I know they sell AR’s there so I don’t think they have a problem with the AR platform so I wouldn’t consider him a fudd. I don’t go there much but it’s about the only place left in town so looks like I’ll be driving out that way more often or using my local FFL out of his house more regularly but I still like to see and hold a gun before I buy it.

I refuse to go to cabelas for a multitude of reasons but the biggest being now they won’t remove a trigger lock off a gun for you to feel the trigger. I think it’s only a matter of time before they stop selling guns. So we need to band together and support at least one real gun shop around the Buffalo area or we’re screwed now that BGC is gone and gander outdoors has not much inventory anymore. It will get hard to handle a gun and pull the trigger in our area.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltwater60 View Post
    You can’t blame a business for wanting to make sure the guns are legal. How do you know what he was doing? Maybe he was protecting you. There are many police officers that shoot there and maybe he knew one of the guys on the range was a cop and didn’t want you to get busted?
    I’m sure he can get in trouble if he lets you bring an illegal gun into the range to shoot. Now I wasn’t there and I dont know how this instance took place so I don’t want to say too much.
    Do I agree with the law hell no but I’m sure he could lose his FFL if he allows people in with illegal guns. No FFL no business. I know many people who love the shop. I know they sell AR’s there so I don’t think they have a problem with the AR platform so I wouldn’t consider him a fudd. I don’t go there much but it’s about the only place left in town so looks like I’ll be driving out that way more often or using my local FFL out of his house more regularly but I still like to see and hold a gun before I buy it.

I refuse to go to cabelas for a multitude of reasons but the biggest being now they won’t remove a trigger lock off a gun for you to feel the trigger. I think it’s only a matter of time before they stop selling guns. So we need to band together and support at least one real gun shop around the Buffalo area or we’re screwed now that BGC is gone and gander outdoors has not much inventory anymore. It will get hard to handle a gun and pull the trigger in our area.
    It is the owner of the firearms responsibility to know if a gun is illegal or not. This isn’t like a underage kid drinking at a bar situation, where the bar has the responsibility to ID everyone. In the NYSP handbook it even states that they cannot assume that a firearm is illegal, they are also not supposed to check magazines. I could have a SOT or I could be LEO regardless I do not have to divulge the legality of my property as long as I’m abiding by the rules of the range. Even if there was a cop on the range I’d tell him to pound salt. (Mines legal doesn’t matter how but it is)

As for being a Fudd goes, they’ll sell what ever makes them money and they typical sell low grade ARs and convert them to NYS legal to make more money. They won’t even sell the “Other” firearms such as the shockwave or tac-14 let alone a AR style “other”. We need to stop letting places and people do what ever they want because it’s the only place left.

Get private land or make friends with someone who does. Indoor ranges suck anyway and the swamps are full of idiots shooting their shotguns and sks’ with their girlfriends leaving garbage everywhere.

Go to Blue Tuna 870 Ontario Street Kenmore, NY

Speaking of Blue Tuna, I recently heard a rumor, and that's all it is as far as I'm concerned, that they were thinking of possibly thinking of either buying the Niagara Gun Range or starting up another one? That would be awesome if it were true! Here's to someone opening up another range in Nothtowns again.

You have a duty to report anything legal?

Quote Originally Posted by steelie68 View Post
    Speaking of Blue Tuna, I recently heard a rumor, and that's all it is as far as I'm concerned, that they were thinking of possibly thinking of either buying the Niagara Gun Range or starting up another one? That would be awesome if it were true! Here's to someone opening up another range in Nothtowns again.
    I know the owner of blue tuna very well. He hasn’t mentioned anything. Doesn’t mean it’s not true.