Where to shoot around Utica/Rome?
Close

Private

Default Where to shoot around Utica/Rome?

Many of the clubs seem to require a sponsor and not be beyond 100-200 yards. I'm relatively new to the area and don't know anyone in a club. I can't find any public ranges either and I'm not sure if they're even open with corona.

What are my options? I'd just like a spot to shoot pistol/rifle and preferably longer ranges as I'd like to get into precision shooting eventually. Can anyone help me out?

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Les

I've been shooting all my life and have always lived around Rome. I don't know of any public ranges in the area. My club, Greenway-Verona Mills, has a 100 yard outdoor range and a 50 foot indoor pistol range. Camden may have a 200 yard outdoor along with a 50 foot indoor pistol range. Oneida has the same 50 foot indoor range and 100 yard rifle. Point Rock has 200 yard rifle and an outdoor pistol bay but they are closed all winter. The only club I am aware of with a rifle range longer than 200 yards is Canastota which has I believe a 300 and a 600 yard range but I don't know what their requirements are to join or use the ranges. Hope this helps you find something to meet your needs.
    NRA Life Member - NRA Range Safety Officer - SAF Member
    ==="Safety is something that happens between your ears, not in your hands" - Col. Jeff Cooper ===

Private

Canastota looks great! I contacted them. I was also looking at Camdem however you need a sponsor so if I find someone willing I'd probably go for that as well.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Les

I don't know if Camden will do this but at our club we let people come to our monthly meetings if they don't have a sponsor and introduce themselves. It happens sometimes that a member at the meeting knows the person or if not, after hearing an intro and background from a person, someone will usually step up and offer to be their sponsor.
    NRA Life Member - NRA Range Safety Officer - SAF Member
    ==="Safety is something that happens between your ears, not in your hands" - Col. Jeff Cooper ===

Private

I guess we shall see after all this craziness is over.

Private

Default shooting otsego county

Quote Originally Posted by Dabba View Post
    Many of the clubs seem to require a sponsor and not be beyond 100-200 yards. I'm relatively new to the area and don't know anyone in a club. I can't find any public ranges either and I'm not sure if they're even open with corona.

What are my options? I'd just like a spot to shoot pistol/rifle and preferably longer ranges as I'd like to get into precision shooting eventually. Can anyone help me out?
    burlington flats fish and game club has 300 yard f-class range. shoots every monday 1pm and 4:30 pm. first time free then $6.00.

Private

Just north of Utica past walmart is Greenfield range. They have 6 outdoor pistol x3 distances, 6 rifles to about 200 and skeet. Monthly meetings, socials and more not optional but $40 year is.
    www.greenfieldrange.com