Good News!
Close

Thread: Good News!

On Target Firearms in Webster, which is my favorite range, reopened two days ago! Website says you have to wear a mask, but I can deal with that.

No chance I can get there this week, but maybe next week at some point. Their retail space is open as well, so I can order the new EDC that I have in mind. My birthday is coming up, after all (July 3rd. My mom always said that I just missed out on being a Yankee Doodle Dandee).
    Last edited by Owl Man; 06-03-2020 at 08:30 PM.

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Colonel

My mask dogs up my glasses. That would suck for me. Glad it opened and glad it will work out for you. Go for it as they could likely use the cash.

Thanks! Maybe this method will prevent glasses fogging with mask.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/h...earing-a-mask/

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Managed to get the range early this afternoon, first time in three months! I expected to find it packed due to pent-up demand, but only one other lane was taken.

Anyway, it felt great to put some holes in paper again. I did OK, not great but not terrible either. Need to refocus on the basics of trigger control and sight picture. .22 revolver with heavy trigger and ramp front sight that my aging eyes can barely see.

I've been trying to figure out why nobody's been at the range lately, or at least almost nobody. It finally occurred to me that it must be the ammunition shortage! I had stocked up right before the pandemic hit, so I've still been able to get my range time in, for now, anyway.

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Owl Man View Post
    I've been trying to figure out why nobody's been at the range lately, or at least almost nobody. It finally occurred to me that it must be the ammunition shortage! I had stocked up right before the pandemic hit, so I've still been able to get my range time in, for now, anyway.
    That’s it I’m sure. I’ll blow a few off this weekend but I’ll be conservative for sure. I have a bunch but the prices are going crazy right now. Have fun and glad the range opened up for you. I know you were waiting for it.

Corporal

Good reason to have the supplies to roll your own....

I never stopped stocking after the Obama/SAFE act shortage. Shortages constantly happen, once this one dies down I recommend everyone else do the same as I did - keep on stockpiling.
    Anything stated in the above post is my personal opinion and should not be construed as legal advice.

Good idea, OwnTheRide.