Putnam Fish and Game- need some additional info - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 163
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Putnam Fish and Game- need some additional info

  1. #51
    Corporal MorkCowbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Dutchess County
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Nothing for me today, but my mail service sucks lately.

  2. #52
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    169

    Default

    I got my letter last night, I'm looking forward to the 12th!

  3. #53
    Private Arbita1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Putnam County
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Back in December I was told there were about 50 people in front of me. Maybe I'll get in for the May meeting.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #54
    Colonel
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    Great to hear things are moving along. My letter was mailed in February so I expect I will be waiting for quite a while.
    Last edited by togmaster; 03-03-2015 at 03:00 PM.

  6. #55
    General ladder13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wake Forest, NC
    Posts
    6,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbita1 View Post
    Back in December I was told there were about 50 people in front of me. Maybe I'll get in for the May meeting.
    For sure you'll make the next "screening" as they call it. 37 taken this time. Ive never heard of so many at once, but they're lookng to clear up the logjam.

  7. #56
    Corporal MorkCowbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Dutchess County
    Posts
    124

    Default

    I did get mine today. Now if only my ccw letter would come...

    See ya there!

  8. #57
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    169

    Default

    I was there last night and signed up. It seems like a pretty good place to shoot and most of the guys seemed to be ok. I wish we were able to look around a little more to see the ranges and such, but I'm looking forward to shooting there.

  9. #58
    Private Arbita1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Putnam County
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firenailer View Post
    I was there last night and signed up. It seems like a pretty good place to shoot and most of the guys seemed to be ok. I wish we were able to look around a little more to see the ranges and such, but I'm looking forward to shooting there.
    You don't seem 100% sold. Why couldn't you look around?

    How much are the dues?

  10. #59
    Corporal MorkCowbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Dutchess County
    Posts
    124

    Default

    I wasn't there. Have to travel for work. Hard to commit 3 separate days. Hopefully next go around, it works out better.

  11. #60
    General ladder13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wake Forest, NC
    Posts
    6,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbita1 View Post
    You don't seem 100% sold. Why couldn't you look around?

    How much are the dues?
    Maybe because of the darkness? I believe the 1st year is 450, then 125 thereafter.


    I just heard some probationary members got the boot for unsafe gun handling, refusal to adhere to range rules, and one of them saying " range safety retraining" wouldn't help him . LMAO, well goodbye then, go kill someone somewhere else.

    If folks want to act like a dick/cowboy/tough guy, on the range, best they look for another club, it won't be tolerated at PCFGA.
    Last edited by ladder13; 03-13-2015 at 06:27 PM.

  12. #61
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    169

    Default

    That's it Ladder, by the time we got rolling it was already dark, and it took a little while to process everyone's paperwork. I've got no second thoughts at all, I think it's going to be a good place to shoot.

    i heard that same thing about 2 guys getting bounced for unsafe gun handling. Nobody needs an accident.

    I shot at Blue Mtn today, I think the cold still has guys hibernating - there were only 2 other guys shooting. Come on Spring!

  13. #62
    Major Never's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Just North of N. Westchester
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    I got nooooo problem with the hibernators lol, got the place to yourself and no waiting. Many times on rainy snowy days im like the only one at Wooster, love it!

  14. #63
    General ladder13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wake Forest, NC
    Posts
    6,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firenailer View Post
    That's it Ladder, by the time we got rolling it was already dark, and it took a little while to process everyone's paperwork. I've got no second thoughts at all, I think it's going to be a good place to shoot.

    i heard that same thing about 2 guys getting bounced for unsafe gun handling. Nobody needs an accident.

    I shot at Blue Mtn today, I think the cold still has guys hibernating - there were only 2 other guys shooting. Come on Spring!
    A couple were pretty adamant about no one telling them what to do, even if it meant the safety of others. I guess they forgot what they agreed upon when they forked over the cash. Bye, then, lol.

  15. #64
    General ladder13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wake Forest, NC
    Posts
    6,374

    Default

    The range is NOT run like a prison, you'll rarely if ever get bothered(and usually with a kind reminder), but unsafe practices are attended to pretty quickly and forcefully.

  16. #65
    Major minderasr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lost
    Posts
    2,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladder13 View Post
    ...unsafe practices are attended to pretty quickly and forcefully.
    As they should be.
    Jim
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. - Norman Thomas, leading American socialist, pacifist, and six-time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America.

  17. #66
    Major Never's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Just North of N. Westchester
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Hey ladder, did those dudes lose their loot after only hours??

  18. #67
    Corporal
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Never View Post
    I got nooooo problem with the hibernators lol, got the place to yourself and no waiting. Many times on rainy snowy days im like the only one at Wooster, love it!
    I keep hearing about Wooster, I've got to get over there sometime

  19. #68
    Major Never's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Just North of N. Westchester
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firenailer View Post
    I keep hearing about Wooster, I've got to get over there sometime

    Yea it's mostly me ya hearing it from lol. But in seriousness, hell ya you do. Pay 15$ and shoot for a day, bring your own metal targets if you want, friggan bring a lunch if you want!

  20. #69
    General ladder13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wake Forest, NC
    Posts
    6,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Never View Post
    Hey ladder, did those dudes lose their loot after only hours??
    Their entire upfront dollars were returned, if that's what you mean.

  21. #70
    Colonel
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    I got the letter to be at the April screening. I will be there. This went much quicker than expected.

  22. #71
    Private Arbita1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Putnam County
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by togmaster View Post
    I got the letter to be at the April screening. I will be there. This went much quicker than expected.
    When did you mail in your request?

  23. #72
    Major Never's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Just North of N. Westchester
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbita1 View Post
    When did you mail in your request?
    Got mine too, mailed request in August

  24. #73
    Private Arbita1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Putnam County
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Never View Post
    Got mine too, mailed request in August
    Oh, I guess I have some time still. I mailed mine in December.

  25. #74
    Private Arbita1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Putnam County
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbita1 View Post
    Oh, I guess I have some time still. I mailed mine in December.
    Never mind. I got my letter today. See you guys in a few weeks.

  26. #75
    Colonel
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    Look forward to meeting you guys.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Putnam County Fish and Game Picnic
    By GUNSICK1 in forum Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2014, 10:15 AM
  2. Putnam County Fish & Game
    By itismooch in forum Shooting Ranges
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-27-2014, 03:38 PM
  3. Putnam co fish & game
    By 67gt428 in forum Shooting Ranges
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-15-2013, 02:14 PM
  4. Putnam County Fish & Game
    By jhudock in forum Shooting Ranges
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2011, 10:56 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 09:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •