JC Higgins?
Close

Thread: JC Higgins?

Private

Default JC Higgins?

Inherited old JC Higgins 12 gauge and noticed the bolt is slightly cracked. Replacement part? Repairable? Worth it? And if not, does the shotgun, otherwise in decent condition, have any value?

Thanks,
    Bob

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

The cracked bolt is not something that can be repaired...

Is this a pump action J.C. Higgins Model 20? If so you can purchase a replacement bolt, but it will run you close to $100 after tax and shipping.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/713290

The entire gun might not be worth more than that depending on condition though... I am fond of these older shotguns and have a few myself. I would say with a cracked bolt it is better to sell as a parts gun. If you have pictures I would be interested in seeing them. I may also be a potential buyer. Good luck either way!
    Gun Control? Oh yes, the theory that becoming a victim is somehow morally superior to defending yourself & your family. Makes perfect sense.

Private

Kozak,

Thanks for the reply - Was beginning to think nobody knew much about these old JC Higgins guns. Anyhow, it's a bolt action and the crack isn't severe but still worrisome in terms of actually firing. I'd say it's in decent shape for its' age and will try to get a few pictures.