New York Firearms Forum banner

Livingston County - Reference Question

686 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  RochPersDef 
#1 ·
Would there be any issue if my character reference had a misdemeanor DWI, I don't have any arrests but wondering if they look at the references that hard or if it would matter?

Thanks,
Terry

#3 ·
Agree. It should be just fine. The biggest thing to worry about it picking people who won't change their minds months down the road when they finally get interviewed. If you have to swap out a reference mid-process it will cause big delays. The other thing is picking people who will respond quickly to phone calls or letters they receive in the mail. The references can make all the difference in how fast you get a permit. Choose close trusted people. The only people I would definitely stay away from are felons or people with weapon or assault arrests.

#6 ·
I wouldn't worry about it too much Mr. Terry. You don't want all of your references to have convictions but one won't hurt. Especially DWI. They give those out like candy. It won't cause you any problems. After all, you're the applicant, not him. Get your application submitted ASAP. Like - today!

#8 ·
If avoidable, then I'd avoid using them. If not, then use them but be prepared to have some questions asked about your association with them, that's all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.