New York Firearms Forum banner

Pistol permit denied St. Lawrence County. Can I appeal?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Saltwater60 
#1 ·
I live in St. Lawrence County and was denied a pistol permit. Reason stated was because I went to in-patient detox for alcohol. I admitted myself because I wanted to stop drinking, so it was not court ordered or anything. Also it stated because of an accident I had in FL back in 2016 which involved alcohol even though I passed my sobriety test and I was not arrested. In fact I have never been arrested in my life and have never had to go to court for anything other than speeding tickets.
So my question is can this be appealed? I can't seem to find anything on the web on how to appeal this so I was hoping someone on here might be able to give me some advice or point me in the right direction.
If it can be appealed will I need to hire an attorney?

Crazy to think I do the right thing and get myself away from drinking and I get penalized for it. Like if I just kept drinking and never went to detox that would be fine but because I got help I'm being punished. A$$ backwards if you ask me.

#2 ·
I live in St. Lawrence County and was denied a pistol permit. Reason stated was because I went to in-patient detox for alcohol. I admitted myself because I wanted to stop drinking, so it was not court ordered or anything. Also it stated because of an accident I had in FL back in 2016 which involved alcohol even though I passed my sobriety test and I was not arrested. In fact I have never been arrested in my life and have never had to go to court for anything other than speeding tickets.
So my question is can this be appealed? I can't seem to find anything on the web on how to appeal this so I was hoping someone on here might be able to give me some advice or point me in the right direction.
If it can be appealed will I need to hire an attorney?

Crazy to think I do the right thing and get myself away from drinking and I get penalized for it. Like if I just kept drinking and never went to detox that would be fine but because I got help I'm being punished. A$$ backwards if you ask me.
You probably have a decent case here. You will absolutely need a lawyer. They will know all of the details and what needs to be done. Act fast as you have limited days to appeal a decision. It will be an Article 78 Proceeding if you'd like to get more information. Get a lawyer. Today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.