New York Firearms Forum banner

ordered a new gun

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Saltwater60 
#1 ·
Seems like I haven't bought a gun in years. I reckon I was looking for something to pop up that caught my eye.....and it just did. I just ordered the Springfield Armory Ronin with the 4.25" barrel in 45ACP. After spending days and days looking at Commander size 1911's I discovered two things.
First of all, there don't seem to be many guns of any kind available. Damndest thing I ever saw.
Secondly, it takes quite a bit of study when deciding on which gun to buy. There really are several good choices in the Commander size 1911. Prices are being held at or even above MSRP. I felt good to get this for $50 under MSRP. Ammo is scarce as well. But, if all goes well, I should have the gun the end of this week, and I happen to have a few rounds of ammo at the house. Two friends of mine have recently bought new pistols and want to come to the house to shoot. I guess their purchases got my interest up. It has been fun and even tiring the last several days looking at so many guns.

#4 ·
I'm a ffl and none of my distributors has anything in stock. According to one of the reps, only the big guys who'd irectly deal with the manufacturer are getting anything. Ammo is scarce for everyone. I just got 1000 rods of 9mm for $0.62 a round. Ridiculous, but I have a few customers who I'm selling it to for my cost (good will)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.