Southern Tier - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Southern Tier

A co-worker in Chenango is turning 21 today and took the day off to submit his application.

There's still hope for the kids.
    Anything stated in the above post is my personal opinion and should not be construed as legal advice.

Private

Broome

Private

Quote Originally Posted by NLYE View Post
    Well, who we got??
    Thurston (between Bath and Corning). Steuben of course.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NYFireArms.com
    Advertisements

Captain

Tioga

Private

Tioga here as well

Well, until three weeks ago it was Broome County. Now it's Marion County, Florida. Got a job transfer.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
    Ronald Regan, July 1975

Private

Quote Originally Posted by gcsteve View Post
    Well, until three weeks ago it was Broome County. Now it's Marion County, Florida. Got a job transfer.
    And more rights... Congrats!

One more for northern Broome

Corbettsville.
    “If'n I was sposed to shoot one gun how's come I got me two trigger fingers!”

Private

Broome County here also
    (Vestal)
    Favorite military saying: "Light 'em up boys"
    NRA life member

Schuyler. Village of Montour Falls.

My cabin is located in Catt. Co. I live in Erie Co
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Corporal

Don't see anyone from Cortland County. Not really sure where we fit in here, but I guess I'll jump in here. Just a couple of miles from the northern Broome county line. I'm in if still looking for volunteers to clear land for a 500 yard range!!

Quote Originally Posted by twisted View Post
    Don't see anyone from Cortland County. Not really sure where we fit in here, but I guess I'll jump in here. Just a couple of miles from the northern Broome county line. I'm in if still looking for volunteers to clear land for a 500 yard range!!
    Willet ? Well then you're just about 5 miles from me. I'm by Dorchester Park. If I had a trailer big enough I'd bring my tractor up with the back blade.

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by FrankenCub View Post
    Willet ? Well then you're just about 5 miles from me. I'm by Dorchester Park. If I had a trailer big enough I'd bring my tractor up with the back blade.

We will have to meet up sometime. I was volunteering to help clear land from the previous post by OwnTheRide. I unfortunately don't own enough land to have a 500 yard range, wish I did though. Best I can get right now is 500 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted View Post
    We will have to meet up sometime. I was volunteering to help clear land from the previous post by OwnTheRide. I unfortunately don't own enough land to have a 500 yard range, wish I did though. Best I can get right now is 500 feet.
    Sorry, I was just responding to the question by saying that in theory I could have a 500 yd range, and that it's possible the logger will open something up. I don't really have any interest in clearing the land, that's just ECU busting my chops because we've discussed shooting together but I've never gotten around to actually inviting him over to do so. And busting his own chops a bit because he's a walking disaster area when equipped with an axe.

Anything stated in the above post is my personal opinion and should not be construed as legal advice.

lol man I'm reading everything wrong today, I though you were also lookin for volunteers
    I should crawl back in my cave now

lol man I'm reading everything wrong today, I though you were also lookin for volunteers

I guess you guys will just need to settle for 300 yards at Greene Rod & Gun Club

If you have never been here, you are welcome to come look around. We will be open to the public for our "first Sunday of the month" breakfast and trap shoot. No shooting before 9 am as a courtesy to the neighbors. Some of the guys will get there around 8 to start cooking breakfast. Most folks are gone before noon, especially if the trap shoot turn out is poor.
    Last edited by Jeffc607; 10-28-2015 at 09:25 PM.
    Sir Michael Foster, judge of the Court of King’s Bench, wrote in the 18th century, “The right of self-defense . . . is founded in the law of nature, and is not, nor can be, superseded by any law of society.” Cicero said 2,000 years ago, “If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right;”

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffc607 View Post
    I guess you guys will just need to settle for 300 yards at Greene Rod & Gun Club

If you have never been here, you are welcome to come look around. We will be open to the public for our "first Sunday of the month" breakfast and trap shoot. No shooting before 9 am as a courtesy to the neighbors. Some of the guys will get there around 8 to start cooking breakfast. Most folks are gone before noon, especially if the trap shoot turn out is poor.
    May have to take you up on that offer. Didn't realize there was a range at all in Greene.

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    Sorry, I was just responding to the question by saying that in theory I could have a 500 yd range, and that it's possible the logger will open something up. I don't really have any interest in clearing the land, that's just ECU busting my chops because we've discussed shooting together but I've never gotten around to actually inviting him over to do so. And busting his own chops a bit because he's a walking disaster area when equipped with an axe.

I kind of figured so, and was only halfheartedly offering as this thread hadn't progressed in that direction since it started, but if you ever change your mind......

Corporal

No worries, should I ever come into some land (unlikely due to taxes incurred) I'll give you a shout. Serious though if you want to meet up. I've got a fairly decent 100 yard range off my back deck, and can stretch out to 160 yards in my side/back yard. Always welcome another comrade in arms.

Also open to the public on Friday nights, but this time of year there is not much light left after 6pm to have a look around. Trap shooting under the lights, weather permitting. I'm not much of a trap shooter, but I will join in once in a while.
    Sir Michael Foster, judge of the Court of King’s Bench, wrote in the 18th century, “The right of self-defense . . . is founded in the law of nature, and is not, nor can be, superseded by any law of society.” Cicero said 2,000 years ago, “If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right;”

Private

Just outside of Corning here.

Tucked away in a corner of the county, Steuben. Taxed in the town of Hornby. 10 minutes from Corning. Never heard of the Southern Tier of New York or the Northern Tier of Pennsylvania until we moved here.

Private

Conklin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast